Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to hear that TH is worth waiting out on DVD. George and I were thinking about seeing that one.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

Is the Old Eddie Murphy back?
      No... he won't be coming back. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I've had zero zero zero interest in seeing TANGO...it just looks 'off' for some reason that I can't put my finger on. Also, I have Depp fatigue.

But if you say it's the goods, then I'll give it a shot.
        Depp's actually very good in it. He has quite a gift for accents other than English, it turns out.

I'd be shocked if you didn't like it, Matt.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'd be shocked if Rob didn't like Rango and he HATES westerns.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            I'd be shocked if Rob didn't like Rango and he HATES westerns.
            Does he really? That's almost refreshing to hear - I got completely and totally raked over the coals at DERP when I said I didn't like westerns.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
              Does he really? That's almost refreshing to hear - I got completely and totally raked over the coals at DERP when I said I didn't like westerns.
              That's because you deserved it, now go eat your carrots!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Immortals.

A good bad movie if I've ever seen one. Absolute junk food cinema. Where it escapes the trap fall of Avatar (i.e. the "But...IT'S PRETTY!" defense from critics/fanboys) is you have a cast that actually give it their all and put more into what's given to them. Way more than the material deserves.

Yes, including Cavill who's quite good in the lead (This now makes it three things he wasn't a walking piece of wood in) and builds up more confidence in how he'll be as Superman. Unlike Mickey Rourke who, God. Damn!, couldn't have been more bored and phoning it in.

Tarsem is really Zack Snyder, i.e. great visuals, shitty story-teller.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  He did quite well with The Fall.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• MELANCHOLIA- Saw it on Wednesday and I'm still a little depressed. You'd think I'd learn by now that Von Trier makes Aronofsky look like a "feel-good romp!" director. The lone beacon of light in this movie gets inexplicably snuffed out in the first 45 minutes and then it's nothing but despair.

Comment

• Children of Men

Goddamn, this movie.

Prolly gonna watch Gattaca later on this evening after some random family gatherings.
                      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        MELANCHOLIA- Saw it on Wednesday and I'm still a little depressed. You'd think I'd learn by now that Von Trier makes Aronofsky look like a "feel-good romp!" director. The lone beacon of light in this movie gets inexplicably snuffed out in the first 45 minutes and then it's nothing but despair.
                        So I take it you're in the Keef Camp?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I was thinking more Alexander Skarsgard. Jack Bauer was kind of a dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Immortals.

A good bad movie if I've ever seen one. Absolute junk food cinema. Where it escapes the trap fall of Avatar (i.e. the "But...IT'S PRETTY!" defense from critics/fanboys) is you have a cast that actually give it their all and put more into what's given to them. Way more than the material deserves.

Yes, including Cavill who's quite good in the lead (This now makes it three things he wasn't a walking piece of wood in) and builds up more confidence in how he'll be as Superman. Unlike Mickey Rourke who, God. Damn!, couldn't have been more bored and phoning it in.

Avatar was better than just visuals.

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                            He did quite well with The Fall.
                            Indeed. I'll rent Immortals. And I'd rate Tarsem above Snyder. At least his movies are prettier.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I was thinking more Alexander Skarsgard. Jack Bauer was kind of a dick.
                              If that movie was remotely real, Jack Bauer would have gunfucked that rogue planet into submission by the 50th minute. FAIL NAZI BOY, FAIL.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I was thinking more Alexander Skarsgard. Jack Bauer was kind of a dick.
                                  Spoiler: yeah probably gonna keep this under wraps YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED 
                                I was speaking more in the depressing way that the well-informed skeptic is the one who gives in to despair early on. Von Trier is a bit of a troll for putting that decision in the hands of the representative of the objective scientist.

Skarsgard was dumb as fuck.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X