Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50/50.

Firmly planted right behind Drive as my second favorite movie this year.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      The ending is what makes the film. Sam Neill just fucking nails it.

I'm not sure if there is any particular order to Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy... but I usually view that one second... preceded by Prince Of Darkness and followed by The Thing.

But that's just the way I roll... your mileage may vary.
      High five! Carpenter is one of my favorite director just for those 3 movies and Big Trouble alone. Add Halloween. And Escape for NY... See?

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      I just do 'em in release order. It seems to work well, what with the first assault on mankind by an extraterrestrial form, the second via a dimensional gateway of sorts, and the final being the last straw, where some asshole just had to open that gateway as wide as Belladonna.
      I also approve the use of Belladonna as a Carpenter mesuring tool.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      La Femme Nikita is superior to Point of No Return in every respect. Hell, even the new TV show based on her is better than PoNR. Harvey Keitel was wasted in this flick, and it was retarded that he tried to kill Fonda. Utterly and completely missed the point of Victor the Cleaner's character from the original (whom, I might add, was played by Jean Reno, THE MUTHAFUCKING PROFESSIONAL!!)
      That show is pretty bad, and the old show was meh, but Nikita, the orignal movie, is all kind of awesome. Jean Reno's bathtube sequence was GOLD.

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
      Also, Jordanna Brewster is fucking gross.
      THIS. That other chick from the team?

I would ravage for many nights!

Fast Five is my surpise movie of the year with Apes. I really expected CRAP from Fast Five, and by mixing the old movies with the heist movies like Ocean's 11 their re-invented themselves. But The Rock should have eaten Diesel after cooking on a spit, instead of losing that fistfight.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        Started watching Phenomena before bed last night.

I was very tired and had to abandon it due to fatigue after an hour or so, but this was pretty disappointing all the same. The dialogue was incredibly clunky at times, an almost textbook definition of "on the nose." I dig the concept though and I hope it picks up towards the end.

It looked like a King Diamond video, especially during the murder/chase scenes, so that was an amusing surprise.
        You will come to realize quickly that all Argento dialogue is clunky and on the nose. He's at his best when he forgoes such things as plot or character development (though he sort of lucked into this in Tenebre) and just proceeds with the murdering and the chasing.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          THIS. That other chick from the team?

I would ravage for many nights!
          My thoughts immediately went to this.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            But The Rock should have eaten Diesel after cooking on a spit, instead of losing that fistfight.
            I agree on the fight but the commentary had a slightly humorous explanation for why Dom won. His motivation(what he was fighting for) was better than The Rock's character. LULZ
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'm okay with that movie a whole lot, really. And it even tied with that AZN actor's fate in Tokyo Drift, clearly making it a far end sequel (too bad, as his character is one of hte most fun).
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                I agree on the fight but the commentary had a slightly humorous explanation for why Dom won. His motivation(what he was fighting for) was better than The Rock's character. LULZ
                Well, he DID have leftover Panda Express in the fridge.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Speaking of pandas, I watched Kung Fu panda again last night #segue

Its still the best American kung fu film of all time, in my opinion. If only for three reasons:

1) It GETS kung fu. The philosophy is spot on and you need look no further for proof than Master Oogway's conversation with Shifu about control, followed by his 'ascension'. Beautiful stuff.

2) It has a good story AND incredible, plot-driven fight sequences. Its not just another revenge film. I always considered the Tai Lung prison escape the film's highpoint, action-wise (it is amazing), but the Furious Five's encounter with him on the rope bridge is breathtakingly choreographed.

3) Its beautiful first, stylish second. The lighting and use of colour, not to mention the 360-degree camera movemrnt, is always to enhance the moment, not just for the sake of showing off some technology. This probably stems from having to create a world in 3D, rather than adapting a 3D world to your choreography - as in live action - but, while it does throw in some heavily stylised chicanery - including a glorious split-screen montage sequence - these things never remove you from the physics and gravity of that world.

Of course it works on many other levels as well, and I never realised how heavily the first half employs slapstick until now. Sure, that's for the kids and it does play into the kind of beating Po can and does take in the second half, but still - how many things can one panda walk into/fall over/be assaulted by?

An excellent film and one thoroughly enriched by blu ray. Those details and the richness of the world almost feel tangible. How does the second film compare? I've only received luke-warm feedback. But Oldman > McShane for me.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Watched HP 7 pt 2 over the long weekend. Still irritated at the scenes they decided to abbreviate. Still bugged me that they glossed over Dumbledore's relationship with Grindelwald.
                    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      Speaking of pandas, I watched Kung Fu panda again last night #segue

Its still the best American kung fu film of all time, in my opinion. If only for three reasons:

1) It GETS kung fu. The philosophy is spot on and you need look no further for proof than Master Oogway's conversation with Shifu about control, followed by his 'ascension'. Beautiful stuff.

2) It has a good story AND incredible, plot-driven fight sequences. Its not just another revenge film. I always considered the Tai Lung prison escape the film's highpoint, action-wise (it is amazing), but the Furious Five's encounter with him on the rope bridge is breathtakingly choreographed.

3) Its beautiful first, stylish second. The lighting and use of colour, not to mention the 360-degree camera movemrnt, is always to enhance the moment, not just for the sake of showing off some technology. This probably stems from having to create a world in 3D, rather than adapting a 3D world to your choreography - as in live action - but, while it does throw in some heavily stylised chicanery - including a glorious split-screen montage sequence - these things never remove you from the physics and gravity of that world.

Of course it works on many other levels as well, and I never realised how heavily the first half employs slapstick until now. Sure, that's for the kids and it does play into the kind of beating Po can and does take in the second half, but still - how many things can one panda walk into/fall over/be assaulted by?

An excellent film and one thoroughly enriched by blu ray. Those details and the richness of the world almost feel tangible. How does the second film compare? I've only received luke-warm feedback. But Oldman > McShane for me.
                      I was pleasantly surprised by this flick. And yeah, it looks amazing on blu.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Speaking of pandas, I watched Kung Fu panda again last night #segue

I agree, this was a great flick! They don't really do very much with the voice talent they have on hand though. Seriously, name one memorable thing David Cross does in this film. Hell, without looking at IMDB, tell me what character he voiced!
                        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Crane. But you're right. Black, Hoffman and McShane get plenty to do, but there was no need to have Cross, Jolie or Seth Rogen in the film other than to have their names on the poster. I get too much pleasure from Jackie Chan as Monkey to change a thing about that though.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• KFP is right up there with 'The Incredibles' for me. Ben's write-up is dead on.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                              You will come to realize quickly that all Argento dialogue is clunky and on the nose. He's at his best when he forgoes such things as plot or character development (though he sort of lucked into this in Tenebre) and just proceeds with the murdering and the chasing.
                              I kinda got that impression early on, to be honest. If that was the level he was at by the early 80's, I can only imagine what his early 70's dialogue is like. Nonetheless, I get that he's not all about that by any stretch. I can get on board with an impressionistic kind of deal and there were still things to enjoy. There was plenty of built-in atmosphere and creep factor with the old school setting and all, so I'm not thinking of calling off my belated Argento catch-up at the launch stage.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Good to hear. His ear for dialogue is atrocious, but his style is second to none (at least in his 70s/80s heyday).

Tenebre is a real treat. I think you'll enjoy it.

Just be wary of his latest offerings.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X