Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• absolutely loathed the soundtrack.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The soundtrack sounds like Cliff listened to 'Ultramarine' quite a bit.

Matt, you're on notice.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'X-Men First Class'. Virtually flawless, and it gets better with each re-watch. I wish that they had cast a better actor for young Magneto, though.
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Loved Drive. Everything was great. It felt like the spiritual successor of "To Live and Die in LA."

Comment

• Hobo with a Shotgun

Man, I have no idea how I feel about it. Really fun and Hauer plays it like its Shakespeare (the moment when Abby gives him a sweater is genuinely rather lovely). Probably the most violent film since Riki-Oh - limbs and heads getting chopped, smashed and diced every few minutes. Yeah, I enjoyed it and its littered with sideways references (scenes mimic the mise en scene and colour palettes of films like T2 and HardBoiled; 2 extras like like Ash from Evil Dead and Bub from Day of the Dead), but I don't know if its worth revisiting. Kinda like Black Dynamite.

One genuine laugh out loud moment though: the first newspaper headline that reads HOBO STOPS BEGGING, DEMANDS CHANGE. You know where you are with a gag like that.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The treatment Black Dynamite, kung-fu treachery, and aligator shoe-wearing donuts get around here is a disgrace. It's my go-to Thanksgiving movie now.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just watched The Phantom Menace on blu. I thought it looked great but I know people are saying that he botched this one when cleaning it up. I still really like parts of the movie (the look of the Gungans/their city, Neeson, Watto, the podracing sequence and the final assault at the end) but it's still a missed opportunity. CG Yoda looked so much fucking better and I believe I saw another new scene when they landed on Coruscent but I could be wrong as I haven't watched this flick in a long time. Really wish he would have decided to dub over the Gungans. It would make the creatures so much better. Oh well, onwards to Attack of the Clones.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• May the invisible sky wizard have mercy on your soul.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    absolutely loathed the soundtrack.
                    You makes me sad my friend.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    'X-Men First Class'. Virtually flawless, and it gets better with each re-watch. I wish that they had cast a better actor for young Magneto, though.
                    A fun movie, but flawless? January Jones is a really bad "actress".

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Loved Drive. Everything was great. It felt like the spiritual successor of "To Live and Die in LA."
                    Good comparison there, Billy.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm gonna have to rewatch First Class though.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Super

Well. That was... something. Almost uncategorisable. Ellen Page actually gave me wood and I don't know how I feel about that. And:

Spoiler: Climactic spoiler 
                        Michael Rooker sure fucking got his, didn't he? None of the violence had upset me up to that point. That was brutal, and brilliantly edited.

I'm just not sure about that ending. I think Gunn teaches you early on to distrust the triumphant music cues as cues in Frank's head almost - every moment of 'bravery' or 'heroism' is underscored with massively upbeat music which feels ironic. And then at the end, I'm not sure.

A very interesting watch, though. Comparisons to Kick Ass - while inevitable - are pointless. They tackle similar concepts from different genres and weight classes.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I fucking love Super. So much more than Kick Ass. I'm in the same boat about Page in the movie as well.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• the stuff with Wilson and his "vision" was so Gunntastic.

Comment

• Saw Warrior and Drive this afternoon. Both beyond excellent in their own ways.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I really liked First Class, but January Jones drags down a great movie to really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X