Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked.

Armed with a machine-gun cadence of speech and a venomous, vindictive spirit, David Thewlis rips apart everything and everyone in his sight for a few hours.

I'd watch it again if I didn't feel so terrible for enjoying it so thoroughly.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Naked is one of the most incredible SCRIPTS you'll ever read. But I've only watched the film once, it made a deep impression on me. Thewlis is absolutely amazing in it.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Since I was just laying around being sick yesterday, I channel surfed and found a chopped-up-for-television version of "Stand By Me". Still a damn fine film, even edited to death, but it's not the same thing without "Suck my fat one, you cheap dimestore hood."
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I've watched a few movies:

Vampyres: Two lesbians get shot while engaging in lesbian stuff by Biff Randomdude. For some reason, they live and now have sex with dudes looking for some action before killing them and drinking their blood. It's kinda like a Cinemax movie, with more blood and less generic music. Boobs abound.

Let Sleeping Copses Lie: A new bug killing machine awakens the dead and gives them super strength. It also pisses off babies. Zombies happen and a cop gets ripped apart. Really fucking good zombie movie.

Django: What's in the coffin? Hot, molten death, bitches. Django fucks shit up in the ol' west by using his dreamy blue eyes to piss off Mexicans & assholes alike. Fantastic Spaghetti Western that Rob wouldn't like.

The Prowler: 80's slasher flick with some fantastic kills (Tom Savini, of course). If you're into these kinda films, then I'd say you should let the Prowler prowl his way into your heart.

The Toolbox Murders: Crazy dude kills a bunch of girls in an apartment building. The first 15 minutes is brutal as hell. It slows down after that, and the mystery of who the killer is is painfully obvious, but the ending is all kinds of fucked up. Based on a true story that never happened.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Glad someone else has seen Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

Totally surprised me. And the ending is spectacular.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jonah Jameson View Post
              Glad someone else has seen Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

Totally surprised me. And the ending is spectacular.
              Totally agree with you. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be a really solid zombie flick.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Saw all on Ari's list but Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. Gonna get on that one soon!

Comment

• The zeds in LSCL are pretty creepy, I'm sure you'll dig it Tim.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I watched Before Stonewall which is a quickie history of gays and lesbians from the 20s through the 60s. This documentary was done in 1986, so you can see what life was life for the people that lived it at the time. Newsflash, it was unyielding hell.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• In my continuing coverage of naked movies, The Naked City.

Released in 1948, it is part documentary, part detective story.

It must have been pretty astounding when it was released (which was close to not even happening as the studio didn't know how to market it. It went on to win Best Cinematography at the Academy Awards.).

Completely shot on location in NYC, no sound stages or sets were used.

The story is a pretty formulaic police procedural when you get down to it, but the approach to the material elevates it to great heights.

And the end chase is flat out incredible.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh yeah, even though being 26 meant you looked like a 38 year old man.

Comment

• Wat
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The guy who was the rookie detective.

Comment

• Oh.

Yeah. He sold the doofy slapstick thing well. I felt gratified when he suffered a rabbit punchin'.

The Irishman who played Muldoon stole every scene he was in, though. Yes, even the one where it was just him and some boiled eggs occupying the cramped frame.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                I watched Before Stonewall which is a quickie history of gays and lesbians from the 20s through the 60s. This documentary was done in 1986, so you can see what life was life for the people that lived it at the time. Newsflash, it was unyielding hell.
                                I'd be really interested in seeing that.
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X