Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackie Brown - one of my favorite Tarantino films, with great performances from a terrific cast. Jackson, DeNiro, Forster, Grier, Keaton(!) and Bridget Fonda(!!) totally stealing every scene she's in.

Great soundtrack, great pacing, great character beats - hell, even has Chris Tucker delivering as Beaumont for his cameo. Love this flick; Tarantino on his game.

Comment

• Jackie Brown is probably my second favorite, behind Basterds. So damn good.

Comment

• Seemed like the exorcist had some big chunks cut out plot wise.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• JB is my favorite QT movie. Easily.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Love Jackie Brown, too. Really want to get it on Blu for reasons including though not limited to the hotness of Bridget Fonda.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Truer words were never spoken, Bobby.

Comment

• I think we all wanted a stoner minx after seeing her performance.

Comment

• Louissss.... Lou-ISSSSSSSSSSS.....
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    Louissss.... Lou-ISSSSSSSSSSS.....
                    Oh, man, I was amazed DeNiro didn't crack her one right then and there. She had to have known he was red zoning at that point, but she kept on pushing.

Comment

• Thanks, Tim! Love me some Fonda.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      Louissss.... Lou-ISSSSSSSSSSS.....
                      Which reminds me:

"Daaaaarylll... DAAAAR-yylll...."

Watched Donnie Darko again this morning. It's fascinating how a pretty straightforward film with open-ended-isms like this garnered the ultra-obtuse reputation. Still really like the autumnal look/feel and the tendency for things to suddenly "appear" in the frame (like Donnie's head when he stands up in the middle of the road at the start.) Very simple, but very cool. I think Jena Malone in this was my ideal girlfriend for a time in high school.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The uncut version of "The Exorcist" is one of the scariest freaking things I've ever seen. Ingrid, did you see it with the additional footage? I think it was the 1998 re-release - the backward spider walk down the stairs killed me!

Last weekend, we watched "Kick Ass", which was pretty good. I'd seen stuff around about it, but it didn't look interesting. George brought the DVD home, and we both really liked it a lot. Nicolas Cage was pretty great!
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Cage kills it. Need to watch Kick-Ass again soon.

Comment

• The trivia notes over at IMDB said that he purposely talked like Adam West to be funny, and the director was like, "Love it! Keep it!"
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              The uncut version of "The Exorcist" is one of the scariest freaking things I've ever seen. Ingrid, did you see it with the additional footage? I think it was the 1998 re-release - the backward spider walk down the stairs killed me!
                              I remember seeing that in the theatre.

All I kept thinking was "Why the hell did this get cut?"
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• People couldn't take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X