Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You lose a bet?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Cove

This movie should be subtitled: or how Japan deserved those nukes, and so many more. Look, I'm not the biggest activist on Earth, but try watching these fucks slaughter dolphins. Just try. Like the great Sharkwater, a wake up call.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Cove was fucking rough to watch.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Seen Sharkwater?

Comment

• Ah, The Cove - a brilliant film that should be watched, but once and only once.

Sorry to cheapen the tone, but I just watched Salt.

I skipped it at the cinema and watched the director's cut on blu, with a little symbol letting me know what wasn't in the theatrical. The occasional dodgy effects shot aside, this is a superb thriller that would be mentioned in the same breath as The Fugitive and maybe even The Bourne Identity, if only the studio hadn't pulled the balls and backstory off of it to satisfy a rating. In the early parts I thought perhaps just some of the flashbacks had been trimmed to make the run time leaner, but frankly, with what was cut in the second half, I don't know how the theatrical cut could have made much sense. They cut entire characters out, removed other characters' motivations, reduced emotional investment and then snipped most of the money shots from the more intimate action scenes.

A real shame, but if you've got the option of watching the director's cut, go for it. I thought it was just polished and ludicrous enough to keep me invested and even surprise me from time to time - the Cathedral set-piece was unique and tense, an excellent sequence. Given recent news, provided the studio leave the balls on and aim for an upward shift in quality comparable to that between the Bournes Identity and Supremacy, this would be a welcome return visit for me.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I dug Salt a lot, though I only saw the theatrical. It felt like a really lost chance for a cool franchise.

Comment

• Srsly, check the director's cut out.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• This sounds like an improvement akin to what was done with 'Kingdom of Heaven'. I'll check it out.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Salt was lacking as far as the theatrical goes.

Nice heads up about this "give it a second chance" cut.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      This sounds like an improvement akin to what was done with 'Kingdom of Heaven'. I'll check it out.
                      I'll check that new Salt too, but I seriously doubt it can remotely go as far as Kingdom of Heaven! KoH was average at first, but Salt was retarded.

Comment

• Yeah, its not a KoH improvement, but the cut I watched was thoroughly satisfying for what it was and some of the omissions are staggering.

Comment

• Shame for the movie...

Comment

• Horrible Bosses. Good performances by all involved.

Comment

• Scott Pilgrim.

Pure joy. Maybe one of the best films to watch baked that our generation has ever had.

Comment

• still need to see that one.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X