Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well he only produced it, so his buttfuckery could only taint so much.

Comment

• Tried to rewatch Hackers the other day, only got through about 15 minutes. So rather than bitch about how much the movie sucks. I just had some thoughts that would perhaps make things better.

1. Johnny Lee Miller's original crime should be a lot worse, a seven point drop in the DOW nothing. I'm surprised even the feds would come across something like that.

2. Get rid of the bullshit secret identity handle nonsense and even have other people call them out on it if need be.

Social Network made this computer stuff facinating, I'm sure somewhere you could have a movie about hacking that would be actually interesting.

Shit, there was such a movie and that was SNEAKERS.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• 'Sneakers' is amazing.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Fuck it, Matt.

Let's go watch SNEAKERS

Comment

• Ultimately, Hackers is style over substance but outside of Angelina Joliee and her pretty damn good looking boyfriend, it's not even good style. Maybe it's because I can't take Fisher Stevens seriously with that bald spot riding a skateboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              Ultimately, Hackers is style over substance but outside of Angelina Joliee and her pretty damn good looking boyfriend, it's not even good style. Maybe it's because I can't take Fisher Stevens seriously with that bald spot riding a skateboard.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I remember that ep. He wasn't even mad. He was dancin' and shit.

Hahaha, fucking Dean.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Was he dancing on the celing, Lionel Richie style?

Comment

Was he dancing on the celing, Lionel Richie style?
                    Actually kind of....he was on the roof of his car. Eye of the tiger by the way.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      One moment of...I don't know how to describe it. Surrealism? Was when they showed Bill Hicks and his friends take off from Houston/Austin and go to Waco during the Branch Davidian siege. I remember being sick the day that all went down, and watching it live on TV, and it kind of ushered in the realizations of "man this world is fucked up" and little did I know that a man I would grow to respect a decade later was right outside filming it because he had figured out the same thing. I dunno, felt cool.
                      Very nice.

I enjoyed the film and really appreciated the look at the early footage, before Bill tried booze and drugs and some of the family stuff. But there's so much good that was skipped over, the film needs to be 4 hours long really. Have you read American Scream (biography) or Love all the People (notes, journals and letters)? Both great. American Scream had me emotional as a motherfucker. It covers the same sort of ground as the film, but obviously in a lot more depth, especially in that it doesn't get hung up on Bill being a guru and shows what an asshole he was at times. All my heroes (Sellers, Lennon, Hicks) were assholes - its what makes them great.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Tried to rewatch Hackers the other day, only got through about 15 minutes. So rather than bitch about how much the movie sucks. I just had some thoughts that would perhaps make things better.

1. Johnny Lee Miller's original crime should be a lot worse, a seven point drop in the DOW nothing. I'm surprised even the feds would come across something like that.

2. Get rid of the bullshit secret identity handle nonsense and even have other people call them out on it if need be.

Social Network made this computer stuff facinating, I'm sure somewhere you could have a movie about hacking that would be actually interesting.

Ed you must watch this.

Comment

• Ben - I've got those on my Amazon wishlist, and will be getting them once I get through my backlog of books I have right now.

Comment

• I will check it out, Jeff.

Comment

Tried to rewatch Hackers the other day, only got through about 15 minutes. So rather than bitch about how much the movie sucks. I just had some thoughts that would perhaps make things better.

hahah. this whole post is why we give you so much shit Ed.

1. That was based off of a real hack and today people are getting busted for just shutting down websites. Call me when you can even hack into my hotmail account ed.

2. Even today "handles" exist. You have a fucking podcast where you don't even USE YOUR REAL NAME. Same fucking difference.

3.Social network no way in shit made the computer stuff interesting. You're on crack. The computer shit was second bananas in that film which was good because no one wants to watch a nerd type on a keyboard for 2 hours.

4. Sneakers is legit. hackers is fun.

5. GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN and go watch some shitty police dramas.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Ultimately, Hackers is style over substance but outside of Angelina Joliee and her pretty damn good looking boyfriend, it's not even good style. Maybe it's because I can't take Fisher Stevens seriously with that bald spot riding a skateboard.

Oh Ed. If you're trying to take that movie seriously then you are doing it so wrong it's great.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X