No announcement yet.

The long national nightmare is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the thing guys, I didn't say the movie sucks balls and you're fucktards for loving it so much. I saw it, and I didn't like it. And I didn't like for these reasons.....

So let's let it be, take the slow ride and take it easy.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      Here's the thing guys, I didn't say the movie sucks balls and you're fucktards for loving it so much. I saw it, and I didn't like it. And I didn't like for these reasons.....

Oh!

Ok...

LIKE THAT MAKES IT ALL BETTER, DOESN'T IT?

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, MR. HOCKEN... YOU BETTER GROW EYES IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD, BECAUSE I'M GOING ON MOTHERFUCKING SAFARI... AND I NEED A HOCKEN-HIDE RUG TO PULL MY ROOM TOGETHER!

Ah...

You know, sometimes you just have to vent.

Who wants coffee?

Comment

• Ed,

I'm sorry.

I'd never make a rug from your skin.

Human skin is too tough to work with.

Also... I'd never ask you to go to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh smells odd, and I would not want to subject you to that.

Comment

• Fuck it, let's go corn-hole our selves a drunk.

Comment

Here's the thing guys, I didn't say the movie sucks balls and you're fucktards for loving it so much. I saw it, and I didn't like it. And I didn't like for these reasons.....

Even if those reasons made no sense to me, yes you are correct sir. Now for me to watch Chinatown.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• No thanks, Ed...

You go and knock yourself out.

I'll watch, though...

Comment

• Sounds good, Rob. Knock yourself out, see what ya think.

Comment

• Planning on it.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• But to just reiterate, Ed is good people even though he hates a fantastic movie. This is why I love this place. We can have some good ole' fashion ribbing without people getting all butthurt.

Comment

• Don't hate the film, didn't like the film. DOTD is not Smoking Aces. DOTD doesn't get me pissed off.

Comment

• Works for me.

Do me a favor, revisit this in 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Preston View Post
                          This is true.

And ya know what, you oddly don't fail this time.

You went in, saw the flick, and came away from it with your own opinion.

Good on ya Ed. Even if it makes the blood boil, you're right to have such a view.

And no, I have not been drinking.
                          Well said! I loved both versions of DotD, and while I don't agree with Ed's opinion, at least Ed had the gumption to put his thoughts out there and stick by 'em.

Maybe if you try some Fulci?

Comment

Hey, I saw it. And this is what I think.

There were a couple of good moments:

The hunters going out for a zombie shoot while the National Guard is laughing
                            Ken Foree pimp slapping a zombie

I liked how we are already dropped in to the crisis but my ultimate complaint is this:

The people in this movie outside of Ken Foree ARE THE DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKERS OF ALL GODDAMN TIME.

Plus, we have no idea who these people are. So because I have no idea who they are and they are uninteresting dumbfucks (Except the Doctor, movie should have been about him). I don't care what happens. And with how slow and shambling the zombies are in this movie. I don't see how you can get killed unless you do something really REALLY stupid.
                            I get the Dr. Who love now. Ed has a doctor fetish.

Originally posted by Dr. Rausch View Post
                            But at least you watched it I guess.
                            That's like saying a rapist isn't so bad because he didn't rape YOUR sister.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            That's very true, but Romero isn't very good at it. All the more reason, homages and remakes are welcome.

Goddammit Ed.....
                            This

And this.

Originally posted by V View Post
                            And this
                            Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            I should have stayed in bed this morning.
                            Agreed.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                            X