No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Prequels....a Revisiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has made me want to revisit my favorite moments in the OT. Did that a bit last night. Good bit of fun, but I can't watch the movies all the way through anymore.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      This thread has made me want to revisit my favorite moments in the OT. Did that a bit last night. Good bit of fun, but I can't watch the movies all the way through anymore.
      QFT...my kids watch them all the fucking time. I usually pop in for a few scenes then pop out. I literally watched these movies like once a week for a few years straight in my early teens...I need a break from Star Wars.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

CNN is the Empire!

Amidst the hoopla of Election Night, Anderson Cooper unveils HOLOGRAMS of studio guests. Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am. appears as a hologram (from Chicago) talking "face to face" with AC. I didn't hear a word of the conversation. All I could think was, "wait - we can do holograms now!?"

This needs it's own show.
        Last edited by Backcourt; 11-05-2008, 03:56 PM.
        I'm gonna be totally honest with you. I have a warrant out for a totally nonviolent crime.

Comment

Did the whole hologram thing on American Idol last season when they had Elvis singing on stage with one the singers.... looked amazing!
          "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

So I've been watching bits and pieces of these on Spike TV lately and they look so much better haha. I think it's because we all grew up with the originals on VHS and non letterboxed and that helped make some of the SFX a bit muddy and more believeable. Same thing was happening during TPM and AOTC. I actually enjoyed them a bit more.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

NONONONONONONONO. They are not good. The neat bits are too few and far between to make up for the steaming shit piles everywhere.

Comment

I never said the movies were good. They "looked more like the originals" in the shitty resolution I was watching. The green screen backgrounds didn't stick out as much. That's all I was saying.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Oh. Well, that's different then.

Comment

Still, my favorite part goes unlooked a majority of the time.

It sums up why Lucas needs to die sooner than Cloris Leachman (as though there were really a need to highlight this fact): arbitrarily showing off the fucktified technical wizardry of the day by having a completely "fake-as-Lucas' world view" creature hug Ewan MacGregor.

I laugh my ass off every time I see the artificiality of this scene. MacGregor sells it like a desperate pimp, or at least he tries.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

You talking about Dex and Obi in the diner?

Comment

The very same.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Ewan just cannot act against nothing. Oh how I wish they would have used more man-in-suit with maybe some CG face animation. That whole scene is ridiculous. But nothing beats the first time Ewan "meets" Jar Jar. It's like he's staring into his soul. Makes me laugh everytime.

Comment

Ugh to that scene. My favorite moment in the prequels:

Obi Wan to Jango: "Curious."
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

That was a great line delivery.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

And the look on his face totally sold it.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X