The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my Aubrey/Maturin on...

Grabbed 'Post Captain', 'The Commodore', and 'The Yellow Admiral' by Patrick O'Brian from my local bibliotheque...

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Finished Dance With Dragons

I really need to finish The Crippled God
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yes. Yes you do. *glares*

I'm at the halfway point of Dances.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'm done with The Crippled God.

Wow.

Monumental. I highly doubt a long running fantasy series will ever top the consistency of that one.

Comment

• About damn time.

Now I can voice my opinion. Was kind of underwhelmed. Did I enjoy all the character beats? Yes. The ending was too.....pat.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I don't know.

Spoiler: SPOILER! 
              I REALLY liked what he did with the Crippled God. I always assumed the Malazan Book of the Fallen referred to the fallen soldiers... I liked that twist a lot.

And that touching moment with Korlat and WJ... simple, effective. I'm glad Fiddler lived through.

Overall, it conclude the narrative set forth, and keeps some threads wide open. I'll need to re-read everything, but next up, Dragons, and then Stonewielder. Cameron's book aren't up to Erikson's level, but he's getting closer and closer.

And I'll miss Tehol Beddict a lot. Him and Bugg = best comedic duo over written. His letter to his bro was hilarious.

Comment

• Finished The Color of Magic last night, the first Discworld book. Easy enough and fairly enjoyable read, but not nearly as entertaining as some of the later books, like Postal. It was tempting to put it down and not come back to it, but I love the series and wanted to power through. Not much of a payoff at the end, maybe the second book picks up right where it leaves off.

Started Neuromancer for the first time though. And man, not very far in and I am already hooked. 2% on my Kindle and I've already seen copious amounts of shit stolen by other cyber punk franchises. IM ON TO YOU WAKOWSKIS

Comment

• Robopocalypse. All of my problems with World War Z (which I had alot) are not found in this book. It's the same type of premise except about a sentient AI that takes over the world. You start at the end and then the whole book puts the events in chronological order following at least a dozen different people through the years of the robot war. It's fucking awesome. Quick read, but I would fucking kill for this to be a movie. Highly recommended.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Rob, it's in pre-production.

Comment

• NOH MAH GAWD

seriously, read that book. It's fucking awesome.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• just finished Robopocalypse. Fucking amazing. I doubt a movie could do it justice. I have a feeling they will just follow 1-3 stories instead of all of them (it would be a long ass movie) but if they can get the final battle right, then fuck yeah.

Also, I better see the old Japanese guy and his fuckbot in the movie. OR HEADS WILL ROLL.

Comment

• also, it is so much fucking better than World War Z.

Comment

• Really?

Comment

• I could barely make it through WWZ. I am not a fan of Max's writing style. Robo flows fucking awesomely and for being 400 pages, it's a quick read.

Comment

• Will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X