This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walken is the shit...

"She was willing to accept her lover's body... in places no one had ever trespassed."

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      Walken is the shit...

"She was willing to accept her lover's body... in places no one had ever trespassed."
      "My lover has a fiery soul. I best chase her for she is my ride."
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Simple Mac & Cheese

1 pound small shells pasta

For topping
        2 tablespoons unsalted butter
        2 cups panko crumbs
        1 cup coarsely grated Irish Cheddar

For cheese sauce
        3 tablespoons unsalted butter
        3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
        1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
        2 3/4 cups whole milk
        3/4 cups heavy cream
        1 cup grated Irish Cheddar
        1 cup Stilton
        1 cup Gruyere
        1 cup Camenbert
        1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
        1 teaspoon Crystal Hot Sauce
        1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
        1 1/2 teaspoons salt
        1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400°F. and butter a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Fill a 6-quart kettle three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for macaroni.
        Make topping:
        Melt butter and in a bowl stir together with panko and Cheddar until combined well.
        Make sauce:
        In a 5-quart heavy saucepan melt butter over moderately low heat and stir in flour and red pepper flakes. Cook roux, stirring, 3 minutes and whisk in milk. Bring sauce to a boil, whisking constantly, and simmer, whisking occasionally, 3 minutes.

Stir in cream, the cheeses, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Remove pan from heat and cover surface of sauce with wax paper.

Cook macaroni in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain macaroni in colander. In a large bowl stir together macaroni, reserved cooking water, and sauce. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
        Sprinkle topping evenly over macaroni and bake in middle of oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.

Serve, then nom...

Comment

• Vin, that sounds way too awesome. Did you create that recipe yourself?
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Nah... saw a recipe for something similar on Epicurious, but I extensively modified it.

Just one kind of cheese is way too pedestrian for me.

Comment

• As the cheese eating motherfucker that started a thread on that very subject, I salute you sir! This one has cheesy WIN-infused goodness all bubling thru it, w/ a Panko crust on top!
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• fucking shitjesus I came I just saw that recipe holy fuckme I'm gonna make that the next time I want to get laid and lock down a deal.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Jake...

I shit you not.

This mac and cheese will earn you a wife.

It did for me!

Use it wisely, my young padawan.

Comment

• fuck I don't want a wife nevermind
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Then remove a cheese...

That should earn you a willing love slave.

Comment

• Vin: I described that Mac and Cheese recipe to my wife. She has assured me that I should really consider making that for her. SOON.

Full of Win? Bullshit. It's full of VIN.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• :: bows ::

You honor me, sir!

Comment

• Good god... as a fellow cheese lover, that sounds like heaven!
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Comment

• In order to make my lovely pizza... you must make your own dough.

Ingredients:
                                1 1/4 ounce package active-dry yeast
                                1 1/2 cups warm water
                                1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
                                3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
                                1 teaspoon salt
                                2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for the bowl

Directions:
                                1. Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of the water with the sugar in a small bowl and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
                                2. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Stir the yeast mixture, remaining warm water, and oil into the well.
                                3. Work with your hands to form a dough, adding more flour if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth, elastic, and just past sticky, at least 5 minutes.
                                4. Let the dough rise in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with a towel, in a warm place for 2 hours, or until more than doubled in bulk.

Makes enough dough for 1 large pie

Now... for one of my pizza recipes.

Pizza alla Napoletana

This is as authentic as you will get... since I learned to make it in Italy.

Ingredients:
                                1/4 dough from abovementioned pizza dough recipe
                                cornmeal for sprinkling
                                1/2 cup thin cherry tomato slices (from 4 to 6 tomatoes)
                                1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
                                2 heaping tablespoons torn shreds of fresh basil leaves
                                1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:
                                1. Preheat oven with pizza stone in it to 525 degrees.
                                2. Shape a pizza, and let it rise a second time
                                3. When ready to cook, sprinkle the pizza dough with cornmeal. Carefully place the pizza on the paddle. Inside the rim, evenly distribute the slices of cherry tomato. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon of the coarse salt. Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza stone in oven. Slide pizza on to pizza stone. Bake 6 minutes. (If a softer crust is desired, dab rim with moistened brush after 3 minutes, then cook 3 minutes more.) Remove, and immediately scatter the basil over the pizza. Drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle on the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of coarse salt. Serve immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X