No announcement yet.

PodCaust Episode 36: Sweet yet salty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If by Heroes you mean Lost, BSG, The Wire, Dexter, or about a trillion other shows, then you are correct!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post
      Heroes is undeniably one of the best shows on TV. I have never showed it to someone and got the reaction "I've had better".

Helen Keller doesn't count. She'd like anything.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I don't know what I like so much about Heroes TBH.
        When I think about it, i MAY say it's kinda sucky, yeah, there's nothing, like, really fucking great there. I guess if I wouldn't hopelessly waiting for Peter vs. Sylar, I wouldn't even watch it.

Oh, God, I hate you. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.
        I loved, literally, loved it for 2 years and now I start to think that I actually hate to watch it, cause it simply doesn't deliver that action, which's needed for this kind of a series.

Comment

It doesn't deliver the action, the promises of epicness, the plot and other things. I fucking loved the pilot and there are some decent episodes and I do enjoy some characters. IT's just that it all feels wasted. Hard fucking core. Alot of the characters are fucking pointless (I'm looking at you Ali, your stupid son, your stupid husband, the stupid cop who can read minds, the stupid wonder twins, Peter the character in the beginning that I loved that turned into a fucking moron). But I'm willing to at least check out the first episode of season 3. That's how the Headcheese rolls.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I simply love it because it feels like thats how it would really be if you developed some strange power. I love the writing and dialogue and acting. Yes some of the characters are much lesser than others but that doesn't make them suck.

And Sorry Ari but your gonna have to tell me WTF is The Wire? Is it some kinda Chuck spin off or something? And Sorry but I would like to start a betting pool for when Dexter is cut off the air. I watched one episode and was impressed. Then I watched two more only to question if they were the same episode??? The show lacks depth worst than Assassins Creed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
              If by Heroes you mean Lost!
              LOST IS GAY!!!! NO ONE watches that shit. Everyone in hall H cleared the room durring that shit fest. Not one empty seat during the Heroes panel. The commercials in between Lost are more exciting and fulfilling than the show. Thank Jebus that it is getting canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post

And Sorry Ari but your gonna have to tell me WTF is The Wire? Is it some kinda Chuck spin off or something? And Sorry but I would like to start a betting pool for when Dexter is cut off the air. I watched one episode and was impressed. Then I watched two more only to question if they were the same episode??? The show lacks depth worst than Assassins Creed.
                Oh snaps. Thems is fightin words.

Comment

Wow, I'm not sure where to even begin with this.

Here's the Wiki entry for The Wire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_(TV_series)
                  It was an HBO show, and what little I've seen of it was fantastic.

Lost isn't getting cancelled. Where did that info come from? The show will end it's run in 2010 because that's what the creaters want. They know a show like Lost cannot continue indefinitely, and want to end it when it's time, instead of ending up like The X-Files. And if you want some more proof on Lost's popularity compared to Heroes, here you go:

Lost Season 1: #14 in the ratings, with 16.1 million viewers
                  Lost Season 2: #14 in the ratings with 15.5 million viewers
                  Lost Season 3: #17 in the ratings with 14.6 million viewers
                  Lost Season 4: #19 in the ratings with 13.19 million viewers

Heroes Season 1: #21 in the ratings with 14.3 million viewers
                  Heroes Season 2: #21 in the ratings with 13 million viewers

Also, Lost has been nominated for 26 Emmy's, and has won 7.
                  Heroes has been nominated for 8 Emmy's, and won 0.

And now for Dexter. It's a series about a serial killer who only kills other serial killers. Now with a plot like that, awesome is to be expected, but a lot could go wrong. Thankfully, not much did, as we got a fantastic cast, with an amazing lead actor. I've only seen season 1, and that season had a better story line and payoff than the writers of Heroes could ever dream up. The fact that it's on Showtime only adds to the show, allowing more mature content. And in a show like Dexter, you can't skimp on the gore (which is why I really hope you weren't watching the 3 episodes you did on CBS).

On a final note, I found a website called Metacritic, which is kinda like Rottentomatoes, but they do tv shows as well. They tally up critics reviews and give the shows a number out of 100. The higher the number, the better the reviews. Here is what I found:

Lost Season 4 (no info on seasons 1-3) had a 87/100
                  Heroes Season 1 (no info on season 2) had a 67/100
                  Dexter Season 1 had a 77/100
                  Dexter Season 2 had a 85/100
                  The Wire Season 4 (no info on seasons 1-3) had a 98/100
                  The Wire Season 5 had a 89/100

The internets say you are in the minority sir, and the internets are serious business!

Comment

Metacritic can be awesome. It can also be dumb sometimes.

Lost is better than Heroes.
                    "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Those two are TOTALLY different types of serials. Couldn't really say that one of em are better in general.

Comment

I don't know man. Crazy mythology. Big cast. Takes place over a long period of time...

Comment

I liked Heroes during the first season. Sure, the writing was uneven and the finale was atrocious, but I was generally entertained. Then season 2 came around. We had the "mimic" girl, who didn't do jack when she was caught at the end. We had Hiro stuck in the past. Peter forgot everything (how cost effective!), then saw the future, again, and had to prevent something horrible from happening...again. And he left some chick stuck there! And let us never forget the fuckin' Wonder twins. At least season 2 ended better than season 1 (remember Hiro learning how to become an expert swordsman in 2 hours?)

Lost has had it's problems too (mainly in season 3), but season 4 was so damn excellent. Heroes is going to have to have a season like Lost just had, if they plan on keeping their show on the air.

Comment

Btw, Im still heavily giggling at "BAT-MAN".

Comment

Oh that Walken.

Comment

That was excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X