Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PodCaust Episode 22: Hatin' on the Bateman

Originally posted by Nathan
    Thanks for the shou out by the way. Actually this was the second one. I'm now famous.
    Np mang. We're all about our listeners. That's how the boys at the PodCaust do it.

Originally posted by blainegarrett

word. p.s. the commercial break was funny as hell. I posted before getting that far.
    Thanks! I knew it would be funny, but Cj was hesitant about venturing into improv territory with me. Just wait until you see what we're doing in the next few. I'm working on streamlining how we do things.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      Thanks! I knew it would be funny, but Cj was hesitant about venturing into improv territory with me. Just wait until you see what we're doing in the next few. I'm working on streamlining how we do things.

That vomitus prime podcast I really like does segments, which usually are pretty cool. I tried my initial stab at podcasting a few months ago, and we tried some segments, but it seemed forced and lame. I do want to try to re-introduce it into mine once we have a few more episodes I think. Its a goofy ass gig man. Someone once posed the question, "Just what will you do once you can do ANYTHING?" true that.
      Turd Stick.... http://www.blainegarrett.com<br />Krapp's Last 'Cast.... http://www.krappslastcast.com

Comment

Yah, segments (especially if they happen at the same time, every time) sound way too forced and scripted. Which is something we are totally against. We enjoy the free-form/stream of conciousness style we have now, although by not really planning things in advance there are always things we forget to talk about. But as we aren't trying to copy anybody and just do our own thing, sometimes we fail (there are a few episodes we aren't too proud of) and sometimes we succeed (John Locke's ad, the BME thing, etc).

Tis fun experimenting though.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Ok, so here's the thing about the drum-off. I admit Rob beat me score-wise but if you looked at the percentage completion and note streaks on the first two songs, I had him beat. I just couldn't get my shit together enough to keep the combo going during star power. He took it all on Enter Sandman, though. I just fell apart.

Great podcast, guys. I don't know why he's Australian all of a sudden but I would definitely shop at John Locke's Knife Emporium. I appreciate that it's conveniently located next to Spatula City.

Comment

HAHA. That is true (for you are truly the better rocker skill wise), and I will talk about that during the next podcast. Even my girl said that you were beating me percentage and note streak wise. But noone beats me on Sandman. noone.

I'm glad you enjoy and still listen man.

*serious moment*
            It means alot.

SPATULA CITY!

UHF = awesome....

Comment

Yeah, I finally looked at leaderboards today and you're pretty close to Flaparoo on Enter Sandman which is obviously awesome.

Comment

I'd be past him if I could actually unlock it again. Haha.

Stupid losing all of my data and refusing to play through the game on medium.

Comment

I got to play rock band for the first time over the weekend. Man I think I want it, but it is so expensive. I really only want the drums, but even that route is expensive. Also, is Enter Snadman harder than March of the Pigs? That was rediculous. And I am a drummer.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Oh Enter Sandman....If you haven't already, check the video on the main site of me destroying that song on expert. Tis my favorite song. And the best bet would be to get the whole package, as its like 20 bucks more and you get a guitar and mic as well.

Comment

I'll wait till I get my gubmint money. If I can stand it. May not have the will.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Oh, Enter Sandman is NOT harder than March of the Pigs. It's just a huge error in difficulty ranking by Harmonix.

Comment

Listened again, perhaps but I don't recollect this episode...a good one nonetheless.
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                          X