No announcement yet.

PodCaust Episode 64: Replicants vs. Crips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, there was still a good chance that Romero's version would have came off incredibly cheesy (The guy keeps everything from the game in the script, even Plant 42) but just the thought we would have seen a guy taking on Neptune could have put Deep Blue Sea to shame.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Shit. I remember it now. Though I forgot how quick the script moves.

Yeah, I wanna live in that alternate time where this was made.

Description line, FTW:

Automatics piss streams of lead.</pre>
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

EXACTLY. That is why I hate the RE movie so much. It's because it's only RE in name, not in spirit. And that spirit is overused cliches and zombies, but it fucking works dammit.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I undermean what you stand, mang.

An added bonus: I discovered where dukefleed got his ellipsis-speak. He's been mimicking Romero's Wesker. And it is awesomely entertaining to read this right now.

Thanks for the link.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Haha, no problem man. I really dig that script. It's not the best written script I've ever read, but it totally works on the page.

Comment

Except for the gameboy. Haha, I forgot about that.

Comment

Barry seems to dig it.

And yeah, the action beats definitely work. And just reinforces my belief that Anderson got a reader to feed him notes on the game.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

God, reading this script just makes me hate the goddamn movie even more. There is barely any zombie action in the RE movie, and what zombie action there is is ruined by Michelle Rodriguez and Milla doing stupid shit. Then we get a pisspoor CG model of a goddamn licker. Ugh.

Comment

It reads miles better than the production script for Anderson's movie.

And Speyer as Aliens' Hudson is awesome.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah. Anyone who thinks this script is original isn't reading it, but while it apes other better films, it does so in a way that angers me that we didn't get this movie.

Comment

Let's get down to brass tacks: There's never been a good video game to movie crossover. At most, it's been decent. Never happened and I think part of that is because the great video games are ripoffs from other books and movies. Or don't make a goddamn lick of sense in you put them in live action.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

And also the fact that they are made by committee, which doesn't lend itself to leaving the material unfucked.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'll give you that. And I guarantee Bioshock will continue that tread. Because that game is too fucking overrated.

Comment

And Silent Hill is still better than RE.

Comment

It has nothing to do with the fact it's overated. It's because a game story isn't like a comic book or a novel. It's structured in such a way that makes adaptation not really possible without making it crap.

If Bioshock were a comic book, then you could have something. And yeah, it depends on who is doing the adapating. I imagine if Peter Jackson did a Zelda movie, it'd be good. But then a lot of people would be thinking it's Lord of the Rings-Lite. Which is what Zelda is.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X