No announcement yet.

PodCaust Episode 57: Everywhere you look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. Well I don't think we're gonna have any new segments for awhile. Although, the reason we put it at the end of some segments as well was to bookend them.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

And, just for you Nate we may have ONE more segment. But only if I remember.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I am fightened and intrigued.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

itunes and rss links should work now.

Comment

Rawk. I was just going to post that iTunes was down earlirer today. Thanks Rob.

Comment

Busting through this episode during the daily commute. So far I must say that Cj fail is placed in the back seat this episode, as the number of great films he watched makes up for his dislike of the OG Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Do you know what I've noticed about TCM and it's sequel? It's the exact same format that Gremlins did later. The first film is played as a pretty straight up horror film, while the sequel is 100% nonsense. And I love them for doing that.

Also, I'm glad you like my Jew sigh. It's taken 29 years to perfect.

EDIT: Also, any 'caust that uses Chocolate Covered Jesus = insta-masterpiece.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

And Gremlins 2 and TCM2 are both better than the originals.

And the "Jew Sigh" needs to be trademarked. We were laughing so fucking hard when we first heard it.

Comment

Heroes is the current reason the Jew Sigh exists.

Comment

Any movie involving Dennis Hopper in a chainsaw duel is wonderful.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Nice job, Cj. The episode should have been called, "Rob and the First Stages of <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Caris%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-typeersonal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Alzheimer's"

Comment

Ha ha.

Comment

Not completely finished with this episode but it is solid so far. Love all the Misfits in the background.
                            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Freddy VS Jason: Right to Life

As much as it entertains me to play pedophile's advocate, it's been a while since I've seen any A Nightmare On Elm Street movies, and I'm pretty sure that none of them actually outright say that Freddy was a pedophile. In fact, while it might have been slightly alluded to in the original, the sexual predator angle was definitely heavily downplayed in the sequels.

Throughout the aNoES series, it was made abundantly clear that Freddy was a sadist and a serial killer who targeted children & teenagers. His whole modus operandi was that he enjoyed instilling fear and inflicting pain. I'm sure it was probably Wes Craven's original idea to have Freddy also be a child molester, but let's face it, he lost control of the Freddy character after the original and the character was expanded upon and changed, likely because even as villains, child molesters aren't very marketable.

I don't consider the books and various fan-fictions as canon, I only consider the content of the original and it's sequels... and as far as I can remember, in all 7 movies, Freddy Krueger only ever got his rocks off by torturing and killing. Hell, who knows, maybe that was the technicality that got him the mistrial that enraged the parents in the first place... maybe he didn't actually molest the children that he killed.

Jason, for all intents and purposes, is a child, or at least has the mind of a child... and in the Friday the 13th movies, his vendetta isn't against the children, but instead against the teenage camp counselors and adults that wronged him. So, while Freddy and Jason's victim pool overlap somewhat in the teenage realm, Freddy tends to exclude adults and Jason tends to exclude children. Thus, it can be said that Freddy is pro choice up until the 76th trimester and Jason is pro life and believes in a child's right to life, but only up until they are sexually mature... then those same kids are perfect candidates for his brand of execution.

So as far as picking a favorite goes, I think I'd have to go with Freddy as being the more consistent and thus my favorite villain. Freddy wisecracks while killing children of all ages; I like funny, and I don’t really care for children. Jason is a retarded mute, and loves children... until they grow pubic hair, then he hates them SOOOO DARN MUCH. Thus, therefore, in conclusion; Freddy wins because he has a stop motion skeleton.

Comment

Just because we don't see Freddy mouthraping a little child, doesn't mean he's not a pedophile. I'd bet money that it was part of the mythos before Wes gave up on it. It's definitely implied in the first 3 and touched on a bit in Freddy Vs. Jason (the intro with him " sexually licking" the photo of the little girl). And Freddy is definitely better than Jason. Good points man. I'll respond more later as LOST is about to start, but kudos.

Comment

Working...
                                X