Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 5: Lights, Camera, Action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Commando not make either top 5?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

My list had that along with like 20 others, but as a top 5? No fucking way. John McClane and Dutch both beat out Commando.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That still leaves three spots lol.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Predator, Hard Boiled. Die Hard, Raiders and First Blood >>>>>> Commando. Sorry guy.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Nice call on First Blood BTW. A lot of people our age and younger probably have never seen it.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

For the action movies, were you trying to be even more distinctive? There weren't any war movies....unless you didn't like Platoon or FMJ or Saving Private Ryan.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I watch that flick once every 2-3 months easily. It's glorious on Blu.

Comment

I own that bitch on Blu-ray thanks to one inglourious Mr Hughes.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                    For the action movies, were you trying to be even more distinctive? There weren't any war movies....unless you didn't like Platoon or FMJ or Saving Private Ryan.

I was going by movies I enjoy and can watch over and over. Private Ryan fucking sucks (sorry, not a fan of WWII shit and besides the beginning, that movie just doesn't do anything for me) and we're not big WAR movie guys. We chatted about that prior to recording. And we knew we'd get shit for forgetting/hating flicks. Plus shit like this is just so damn subjective. I was more surprised that we agreed on most of our flicks.

Comment

Commando rapes any Bond flick. So there guy! Lol

Comment

Haha. I dont' agree with that either.

Comment

I understand your hangup about war movies but you are leaving a big section out. Mainly because The Hurt Locker is that good.

Platoon is not an action movie, nor is Saving Private Ryan. War movies are their own deal.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

See, and this was ACTION. And if we would have allowed all movies that feature action to be included our lists would have been different (martial arts, war, etc). But I really do not dig on WAR movies. Just not my bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              The Original Die Hard was an amazing experience in the theater.
                              Hell, so was Die Hard 2. The icicle scene still gets me.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I can't think of them in terms of who out ranks who. But as for action movies:

Die Hard
                                T2
                                Predator
                                Die Hard 3 to a lesser extent.
                                The Rock
                                Con Air
                                Hard Boiled
                                True Lies
                                Speed

That sort of thing. I know the Bourne movies are supposedly great, but the shaky cam turns me off so much.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X