No announcement yet.

Gametap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just played and beat Typing of the Dead. now that's a fucking game. Fuck Mavis Beacon. They should have had this when I was in Middle School. Learning to type + killing zombies = TYPING GOD
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Just got this setup. Downloading Freespace 2. X-com to follow. Hope this is as neat as I think it is.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Freespace 2 is pretty cool. Would have been more so back when it came out. Need a joystick though. Can't get X-com to work properly. Screen goes black, I hear the opening music then it freezes.

Comment

weird. Stupid Vista. I was playing X-com like all night last night. Fucking <3 that game.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I know. I was bummed. Will try again tonight.

Comment

Do you have a 32 or 64 bit machine?

Comment

Yes. No. Maybe. Where is this information? Is that regarding the processor or the video card? Or neither?

Comment

Processor. You should be able to find out in your BIOS when you start your machine. I know alot of games require a 32-bit processor. And X-com does I believe. Even with the scroll speed all the way down, it still runs a tad fast. But definitely playable.

Comment

So, mine might be too fast?

Comment

it very well could be. I know that when you click on a game and then click into known problems, alot of games say 32-bit processor required. I've only had one problem so far and that was with THPS for the Dreamcast. The emulator wasn't working. But you have got to play the Sam and Max episodes. I beat the first episode last night in like an hour or two. Definitely pretty fun. Also had a fucking blast with the overly cheesey Typing of the Dead. That shit was hilarious.

Comment

Is there a way to slow my machine down, or something?

Comment

I'm not sure since I don't use Vista. Maybe hit up Gametap's forums and see if other people are having issues with Vista and the service.

Comment

Only found one thing regarding Vista. It involved making sure one box was unchecked, and it was. Will explore further.

Comment

Working...
                            X