No announcement yet.

God Of War 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked the eye-gouging. I have a feeling I'll like it more when I get to Rip Torn's level.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I caved. Was going to wait until tomorrow night (since I have a 4 day weekend). Beautiful game? Check. Awesome graphics? Check. Great voice acting? Check. Annoying quicktime kills? Sigh. Check. Stopped at the damn Poseidon horse thing. I suck at those quicktime kills and I didn't want to get too wrapped up in the game. So yeah, about 5 minutes in.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• It's pretty bad ass, but Heavy Rain perfected the QTE and this is fucking antiquated now.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
          It's pretty bad ass, BUT HEAVY RAIN PERFECTED THE QTE AND THIS IS KINDA ANTIQUATED NOW.
          what
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• The fact that buttons so far have been on random sides of the screen for the QTE's as opposed to how Quantic Dream pulled it off in Heavy Rain. The game itself wasn't that great, but the way they were able to integrate the QTE's worked flawlessly and never pulled me out of the game. In GOWIII it's doing the opposite but the game itself is obviously extremely more awesome than HR.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• AH. okay. I can buy that even though I ain't played HR. QTEs have always sucked for me, to be totally fair.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• The QTE aren't bad. They give you plenty of time to see what button they want, and then for you to press it.

So anyone else fight Hades yet? Holy shit, that fight is HILARIOUS. I mean you're cutting chunks out of the dude, that then try to slime their way back over to Hades, and you have to play keep away. Then they are all "congrats here are Hades blades. Enjoy!" and OMFGWTF HADES ISNT DEAD YET?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
                  The game itself wasn't that great, but the way they were able to integrate the QTE's worked flawlessly and never pulled me out of the game. In GOWIII it's doing the opposite but the game itself is obviously extremely more awesome than HR.
                  Truth. I'm hacking and slashing then those damn QTE buttons flash up and I go into panic mode. Where's the damn triangle button again? Damnit. Lost the QTE, now I have to hack and slash until I get the QTE button again. Pulls me completely out of the game.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  The QTE aren't bad. They give you plenty of time to see what button they want, and then for you to press it.
                  QTEs suck. HATE. Not as bad as Trevor does though.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Just beat the game. Reminds me why 3rd person action/adventure games are my favorite genre. I need more games from Sony Santa Monica.
                    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Jesus. You guys play too much haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                        Just beat the game. Reminds me why 3rd person action/adventure games are my favorite genre. I need more games from Sony Santa Monica.
                        Whoa... ein minuten, bitte!

Did this game just come out yesterday, or am I just fucked up?

Comment

• Oh it did. Fil is fucking insane man. His Metal Gear Solid 4 playthrough is a thing of legend around here.

Comment

• Dayum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                              Originally posted by Jobe View Post
                              Oh it did. Fil is fucking insane man. His Metal Gear Solid 4 playthrough is a thing of legend around here.

Comment

• Fun fact: Four hours of that was just cutscenes!

(Just kidding, that still blows my mind even if I disliked the game.)

~

Comment

Working...
                                X