No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 5: Or Fuck you Treyarch, you are no Infinity Ward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't actually believe I ever played a WW2 game before. My first Call of Duty game was Modern Warfare, and I never touched any of the others (besides 1942).

But I do agree, enough with the WW2 games. I can't wait to see what COD6 is going to be.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I just hate all of the guns and the standard level bullshit. The online demo turned me off within 5 mins. COD4 this ain't.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• COD 6 had better be some epic shit.

Comment

• COD6 just needs to be set in the present, or even the future. This bolt action bullshit is fucking lame.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Bolt action guns are nothing more than sniper rifles, which I never use. Machine guns are the way to go. Or rifles in Hardcore. Or Dildos in Ultra-Hardcore.

Comment

• COD 6 had better have boner-inducing bloodshed.

If I were in charge, I'd have all of the programmers watch Rambo 4. All day, every day, until they FUCKING GOT IT RIGHT.

Which leads me to this point: I want out-of-left-field weapons. A compound bow, a bolo (not Yeung), lethal dart guns cribbed from lost South American tribes, one of those Road House-certified boot-knives, the satchel charges from Saints Row 2 that stick to people, helium tanks that go 'splodey, and some sort of lava-spewing weapon created by Vulcan himself (something that makes a flamethrower look like a cheap Bic travel lighter).

I'm asking alot, but goddammit, someone has to speak up or we're going to be storming Normandy for the rest of our lives.

EDIT: Best things Treyarch did for the franchise (in particular order): limb-separating hits, flamethrowing fun for the whole family (and molotovs as well), and having Gary Oldman read lines.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I wanna buy what you're selling buddy....

Comment

• This game should have been a $10 expansion to CoD4. Glad I didn't buy it. Shit, I'm glad I didn't rent it, my roommate did. Zombie mode is fun though.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Seriously. I don't get the appeal of this game.

Comment

• Yeah, why the hell would they go back to WWII again? At least move up to Vietnam. That would have been a little ballsy.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Because going back to the well is easy and people are fickle.

And I am one of those people, having purchased this game.

*hangs head in shame, cries into beer*

And if they ever make a 'Nam game (that is worth a shit), they'd better have an Animal Mother character in it.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Battlefield: Vietnam was pretty fucking fun.

Comment

• I want COD: The war of 1816

Give me a musket.

Comment

• COD: War of the Roses, starring Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner.

And you thought it was that kafuffle in England back in the day.

Nope. The DeVito movie. Turner won't need anything but a lighter anyway (the booze breath is strong with this one).
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I totally agree that this should have been an expansion pack instead of it's own game. I do love using the tanks, though.

And will someone please play zombie mode with me? I got to level 7 last night, and the fucking things charge at you!

Comment

Working...
                                X