2015 E3 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    You could swap everything about games with movies...or hell books, and it's the exact same argument. It's media as a whole. Big corporations make safe bets, small companies make scary bets...until they become big enough to make safe bets. CREAM
    Sadly true.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      Sadly true.

I used to agree with it. But, the last 2 years has just seen something unfiltered and nasty emerge from gaming.

Forget all of the Gamergate and related bullshit for a moment. Hell, the more I dwell on it...gaming is just part of the response.

It's a need for growing immediacy to the point that nothing entertains unless it's tailored for the superficial demands of a tired audience.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

It's a need for growing immediacy to the point that nothing entertains unless it's tailored for the superficial demands of a tired audience.
        So Marvel movies? I don't disagree with what you're saying, but it's hardly a gaming-centric issue.

Comment

So Marvel movies? I don't disagree with what you're saying, but it's hardly a gaming-centric issue.
          That's just it. The point of origin seems to have been birthed out of the ongoing console wars, as it pushed fan appreciation to a point of self-identification as it is to support.

The superhero cinema fandom from people who never even read the original books is a part of it. But, that's just it. What I believe is pissing me off and what appears to be pissing a few of you off too appears to have emerged from a fixed industry and ballooned outwards.

Right now, this is all speculation based on my distaste for the E3 coverage. But, there's a point where this all connects.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Well E3 coverage continues to get more annoying thanks to Youtube. This is why I get about 99% of all my gaming coverage from Giant Bomb. All the other sites are chasing Youtube personalities, while they're the ones that was out there before them and continue to do new things. E3 has always been filled with fan boys and plants, but with every kid with a Youtube channel getting a press badge it makes coverage worthless. There's cheerleading instead of criticism. Also, people don't understand criticism isn't inherently bad. It means thinking critically about the things you're presented and thinking about it on a deeper level than UGH THIS SUCK or OMG THIS IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD UNTIL I TURN THE CORNER AND SEE ANOTHER GAME I SAY THIS ABOUT. San Diego Comic Con coverage is basically the exact same thanks to youtube.

Comment

Well E3 coverage continues to get more annoying thanks to Youtube. This is why I get about 99% of all my gaming coverage from Giant Bomb. All the other sites are chasing Youtube personalities, while they're the ones that was out there before them and continue to do new things. E3 has always been filled with fan boys and plants, but with every kid with a Youtube channel getting a press badge it makes coverage worthless. There's cheerleading instead of criticism. Also, people don't understand criticism isn't inherently bad. It means thinking critically about the things you're presented and thinking about it on a deeper level than UGH THIS SUCK or OMG THIS IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD UNTIL I TURN THE CORNER AND SEE ANOTHER GAME I SAY THIS ABOUT. San Diego Comic Con coverage is basically the exact same thanks to youtube.
              Very true, gamers take criticism as an attack, gg being the worst reflection of this.

Giant Bomb's coverage is, by far, better than most.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I find Giant Bomb refreshing for so many reasons. It's why like 80% of all my entertainment comes from their content these days. They were doing long form videos and quick looks that Youtube personalities ran off with a few years after GB started. Plus, they're all guys my age. Dan Ryckert and Austin Walker are the "young" ones and Dan is 31 I believe, and Austin is like 26. Everyone else is 34-40. These are guys that were around for all the SNES/Genesis lunch table arguments and realized after that "yo video games are just cool! Play em all!" All these people that "grew up" with the Nintendo 64 also grew up with the internet and screaming as loud as possible to shout down any argument, because yes, criticism is an attack not a discussion to these people. Even when GB is down about something you see on twitter or tumblr or the podcast or a quick look the guys going "Hey, video games! STILL FUN AND COOL!" whereas everyone else is trading on cynicism. Gamespot spearheaded by Danny O'Dwyer's work, and the fun that Merry Kish brings behind the scenes is really revitalizing them. I love Phil Kollar at Polygon, but they're far too interested in being a "pop culture" site now than a gaming site. Basically, yeah the shit Anderson says has teeth, but look at the people being awful fuck heads. It's the "kids." The people used to shouting down arguments on the internet since they were 6. The people that have been around and are our age? They're doing great work because we got rid of the cynical bullshit at the lunch table when we were 6, and that was 3 decades ago for us!

I know I can talk shit about games I don't care for, but I understand why people want them (Except that FFVII remake fuuuuuuuck that) and I am glad games exist. All of them! Games can and should be all things to all people. What they like doesn't stop mine from existing. And the big corporations having share holders to keep happy having to make BIG FRANCHISE SEQUEL doesn't stop some madness like Cuphead being made. Or hell, Sony with their "hearts and minds" campaign from making something like Horizon.

In summary. Shitty young kids are shitty young kids. Movies, comics, games, action figures, my little pony, or goddamn Sherlock. Fandoms everywhere are annoying and miserable. The problem now is the audience is on youtube, not the playground.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LVqxMCZ3u6k?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• dope trailer. Who knows about the game. Hopefully it's more than a "Hide the body in a dumpster" simulator like the last one.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      dope trailer. Who knows about the game. Hopefully it's more than a "Hide the body in a dumpster" simulator like the last one.
                      Apparently it's digital only and is coming out in chapters? And there are like daily challenges as well? Sounds very interesting.

Comment

• Rykert might technically be 31 but, really, six.

Comment

• The only Hitman game I've played and maintained an interest in is Hitman Go but that trailer is really good. If it is episodic I'll definitely check out at least the first chapter.

Comment

exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              dope trailer. Who knows about the game. Hopefully it's more than a "Hide the body in a dumpster" simulator like the last one.
                              Love hit man. Not even sure why. Bring it.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• yeahhhhhhh boyyeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X