2015 E3 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    why should they have to? Do people make you prove why you like movies? I'm so confused by your indignation.

The natural state of gaming has been base entertainment. As tech and user demand increases, it hits a split which is where we are now.

Some want relevance, some want continued entertainment and others just want people to shut the fuck up while they play Minecraft.

There's no indignation on my part. I find the hardcore aspect of the gaming community that wants to state it is the community to be tiresome and boring. I'm not a fan of gaming's critics, but it makes shit very hard to ignore when the main core of the community keeps feeding the negative views.

I enjoy the base entertainment of gaming for what it is...an experience to be shared or kept solo. It's just that the corporate fed culture, the extremists and the nature of what it has become is just so fucked.

Don't even get me started on Let's Play videos.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yFvSs0CAguI?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEHxDHEmoAi7ebcjsYadVTc V" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        Don't even get me started on Let's Play videos.
        I can't wait for you to shit on the new BDRcade episodes.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          I enjoy the base entertainment of gaming for what it is...an experience to be shared or kept solo. It's just that the corporate fed culture, the extremists and the nature of what it has become is just so fucked.

Comment

I can't wait for you to shit on the new BDRcade episodes.

I've shat on your Let's Play videos in the past. The basic concept of Let's Play is fucking boring.

I got over Let's Play while standing behind kids at a Super Nintendo kiosk in 1991.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Yeah, you like to shit on a lot of things. Glad it's working out for you.

Meanwhile I'm having fun doing what I like to do, play games, and this time I don't have to worry about people doing nothing but bitching in the chat for something that is completely free and not being forced on them. you can just ignore all of them going forward. Everyone wins.

Comment

• Either way, gaming is awesome, gamers can be terrible, and this year's e3 has been entertaining.

Comment

Yeah, you like to shit on a lot of things. Glad it's working out for you.

Meanwhile I'm having fun doing what I like to do, play games, and this time I don't have to worry about people doing nothing but bitching in the chat for something that is completely free and not being forced on them. you can just ignore all of them going forward. Everyone wins.

I shit on things that seem pointless. But, yeah...I'm going to keep ignoring it.

Comment

• Sweet, everyone wins!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                      May or may not be for the same reasons as Anderson, but I've started to notice that I hate a lot of the people who are fans of stuff I am into or like, at least online wise. Gamers, comic nerds (especially Batman fans), and movie fans can be the worst. Maybe it's more of the Millennial branch (sorry Millennials) of these fandoms. I don't know.
                      I feel the same way. I think it's a combination of us growing older while the median age of the fanbass stays the same combined with the other section of the fanbase that is growing older physically but is stuck in the same rut mentally. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy stupid fun stuff as much as the next guy but I can step back and acknowledge it as stupid fun, not some sacred artifact.

Maybe that makes me part of the problem?

Comment

• That makes you someone I enjoy conversing with. IT's all about acknowledging what is absurd and why but still acknowledging that you enjoy it still.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          I feel the same way. I think it's a combination of us growing older while the median age of the fanbass stays the same combined with the other section of the fanbase that is growing older physically but is stuck in the same rut mentally. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy stupid fun stuff as much as the next guy but I can step back and acknowledge it as stupid fun, not some sacred artifact.

Maybe that makes me part of the problem?

That's what I've been talking about while getting slammed for daring to question general acceptance.

It's base entertainment, but what precisely about it attracts all of the bullshit that seems to deflect off other entertainment venues.

There's stupid shit all around, but it seems to gel in gaming.

Comment

Yeah, you like to shit on a lot of things. Glad it's working out for you.

The BDRcade's that are most fun for me are the interactive ones. Hell Sweaty Sax Slenderman came from one of those. That was hilarious. The ones where we sit and just watch are not that fun for me personally. I try not to be shitty about it but I'm also trying to support what you guys are doing.

Not trying to start an argument over it or anything, just sharing my perspective when nobody asked for it.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              The BDRcade's that are most fun for me are the interactive ones. Hell Sweaty Sax Slenderman came from one of those. That was hilarious. The ones where we sit and just watch are not that fun for me personally. I try not to be shitty about it but I'm also trying to support what you guys are doing.

Not trying to start an argument over it or anything, just sharing my perspective when nobody asked for it.

And you're right. The interactivity at least makes the effort novel. Just assuming that everyone's going to watch to watch is like being the worst fucking cam girl online.

What's your angle? What makes it special. I stopped watching/trying to support what you were doing there...because it got fucking boring.

At least chatting with others and the interaction gave the effort something more than let's watch two hetero lifemates play Shining Force.

Comment

• You could swap everything about games with movies...or hell books, and it's the exact same argument. It's media as a whole. Big corporations make safe bets, small companies make scary bets...until they become big enough to make safe bets. CREAM

Comment

Working...
                                X