No announcement yet.

The Phantom Pain...AKA MGSV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES I'M IN! I want to sit in one of your fancy chairs.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Still super confused over the nerds freaking out over the online coins

So basically they turned the current online into pay to win?
      Yeah, I've been skimming the neogaf thread about the coins. No one really knows much about it so far, only that the coins are used in the FOB PVP mode they announced. Your initial FOB is given to you in game it sounds like you can expand and buy more FOBs with the coins, and maybe other shit. You may be able to earn coins in game, but that's not confirmed. Either way, my interest in FOB has dropped. I'll try it, if it's fun, and I don't need more than my initial FOB, I may play it, but I'm not dropping cash for coins. If they are including microtransactions in FOB, I am almost certain there will be some in the multiplayer when that is opened up next month.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

yeah. that's what is giving me pause. I really don't want any microbullshit in the actual MGS online stuff.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I'm almost certain there will be, unfortunately. If it's cosmetic, then whatever, I can deal, if it's pay to win, fuck that. Maybe I'm not a MGS fanboy after all.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Cosmetic is best case. *fingerscrossed*

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm assuming Fil has died of an erection lasting for more than 12 hours?

Comment

I, uh, was so angry about the microtransactions that I deleted the game and did not play it.

It's fun.

Comment

• hahahaha. Just grabbed it a lunch. Decided to work a full day so I can't wait to check it out later tonight.

EEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeEEe

Comment

• OK fine I bought it.

Comment

• Well, the first hour of this game would have given me a heart attack if I had been on acid.

Comment

• LOVE THIS GAME.

HATE THE BULLSHIT STORY CASSETTE STUFF. I've never liked the idea that the story is told through other means than just playing the game. Fuck you System Shock for making this trend viable. I'd rather watch an hour cutscene then listen to a bunch of shit while attempting to play. That being said, this game is fucking glorious to look at and killing people while listening to She Blinded Me With Silence is funny,.

Comment

• I only got to right when Ocelot turns you loose. I hid on a horse, and shot into the air a bit. I did watch my roommate play for a while though. Fuck this game is GORGEOUS. And it's also on last gen? HOW?! Between this and Witcher 3 we have been treated to some incredible big open worlds.

Comment

• I want to skip running today, get a pizza, and just play MGSV all night.

Comment

Working...
                                X