No announcement yet.

The Phantom Pain...AKA MGSV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I farm mission 12 the most, it's the fastest way to get fuel and minor metal I think, it takes like a minute to finish, but it requires the wormhole. You fulton the 3 containers, then pick up the intel which triggers a save, you see the materials added to your inventory and then go to the menu and hit restart mission.

Mission 18 is decent too, that one is good for fuel and common metal I think. There's a camp close to where you get dropped off in mission 18 and you don't need the wormhole. You run in fulton the containers then run away until the game saves and everything is added to your inventory then restart.

Trick to all this is to start a mission at the area you want to farm, don't do it in free roam or the containers don't respawn. You also can't finish the mission or the containers won't respawn for a while.

The airport is a good spot to farm too but it takes longer but you get a lot of everything. Wormhole is only required at the airport if you want the containers that have precious metals. All the others can be done without the wormhole. The stealth camo makes this one a little quicker too if you have it.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I've got my wormhole!

I didn't realize that missions refreshed resources. Will try that.

Comment

• I can't put my finger on it but I think I'm disappointed with this game.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Really? It's literally all I can think about it. I'm just annoyed at work because I'm not home playing it. When I drive by this warehouse near me I see containers and want to send them to the balloon in the sky. It basically took out all the bullshit for why I disliked Metal Gear and made it the best third person action gameplay I've ever experienced.

Honestly, this may find it's way into my like top 5 games of all time.

Comment

• But the thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong, you were never a big fan of the other games right? If so I apologize, but I loved these games for the bat shit crazy story, amazing cutscenes, AND gameplay and all we got in this is gameplay. The story is too segmented for it to make any real impact and after the crazy beginning the story just fades in to the background for like half of the game.

I'm not nearly as far as you but I'm not sure if I even want to continue, especially after reading there is no fucking ending for the most part. Maybe Konami wasn't in the wrong here? Maybe Kojima just couldn't get his shit together. I dunno, but I haven't played it in a few days and I just don't have the feeling that I did with the other games in the series.

I'm sure I'll come back to this when I'm done playing my other games but overall this is probably the weakest entry in the MGS games in my opinion.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I loved MGS and Sons of Liberty. Absolutely loved them. MGS may be the game I've beat the most that isn't a Mario game. But they played like shit. There's just no denying it, actually controlling and playing those games was a pain. I agree that the story in this game could be better, but I think what's there is really good except for the very end of chapter 1. I also wish there were more crazy boss fights. The sniper duel with Quiet was outstanding, and the Man On Fire confrontation at the House of the Dead was amaaaaaaaaazing because of how I finished it. I wish there were one or two more of those.

But it flat out is one of the best playing games I have ever touched. Period. It is the only Metal Gear game that is actually fun to play and not only that it's one of the best feeling games ever. Kojima couldn't get it together? I disagree 100%. I think he finally figured out his games played like shit and said "I want to make a game and not a movie this time" and did that.

Comment

• and that's why I'm not a fan. I never had any issues with the other games playing like shit. Now I agree that this game handles great, but again, I personally never had any issues with how the other games handled.

For me it's the fucking LACK of story. I don't give a shit about how it plays if there is no real reason for me to keep playing. And thus far, there isn't. I dunno. I think after the "NEW MGS GAME!" feeling wore off, I was stuck with a great looking/playing game but no reason to keep playing.

Comment

• I dunno, I'm probably just having my period.

Comment

• BAHHHHHHHHHHHKEEP GET EEM SOME FAHKIN CRANBERRY JOOOOOSE

Comment

• *golfclap*

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        But the thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong, you were never a big fan of the other games right? If so I apologize, but I loved these games for the bat shit crazy story, amazing cutscenes, AND gameplay and all we got in this is gameplay. The story is too segmented for it to make any real impact and after the crazy beginning the story just fades in to the background for like half of the game.

I'm not nearly as far as you but I'm not sure if I even want to continue, especially after reading there is no fucking ending for the most part. Maybe Konami wasn't in the wrong here? Maybe Kojima just couldn't get his shit together. I dunno, but I haven't played it in a few days and I just don't have the feeling that I did with the other games in the series.

I'm sure I'll come back to this when I'm done playing my other games but overall this is probably the weakest entry in the MGS games in my opinion.
                        It's one of the weakest and strongest in the series at the same time. Storywise, probably the weakest, gameplay wise, it's one of the best, but I am partial to MGS3 with the free camera and the silly stuff you can do in it, but that game can do no wrong in my eyes (even the cure and camo system). MGSV is similar to MGS4 other than switching weapons and items to the directional pad and having a binocular button (MGS4 had the Solid Eye, which basically auto marked everything for you). MGSV has the advantage of a few tweaks and an open world which a lot of people love. I sometimes love them too, but while I play open world games, I certainly don't prefer them, and I can get bored with them quickly, which is why I think I rarely just roam the open world in this game. I play this game mission to mission or side op. I'm always going back to my helicopter and selecting the next mission or side op I want to do. In that respect I guess I made the game semi linear for myself.

There's endings, Rob, there are at least 3 major endings, and even a 4th that was cut/never finished that you can watch on youtube after you finish. That said, even with the cut ending, it doesn't make the story better. But I still think it's worth playing, even if it just to confirms your hatred for the story or hell, maybe you'll change your mind and like it. There are some cool moments to come, they don't really top the best moments from previous games for me but there are some good stuff to see and missions to play.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        I loved MGS and Sons of Liberty. Absolutely loved them. MGS may be the game I've beat the most that isn't a Mario game. But they played like shit. There's just no denying it, actually controlling and playing those games was a pain. I agree that the story in this game could be better, but I think what's there is really good except for the very end of chapter 1. I also wish there were more crazy boss fights. The sniper duel with Quiet was outstanding, and the Man On Fire confrontation at the House of the Dead was amaaaaaaaaazing because of how I finished it. I wish there were one or two more of those.

But it flat out is one of the best playing games I have ever touched. Period. It is the only Metal Gear game that is actually fun to play and not only that it's one of the best feeling games ever. Kojima couldn't get it together? I disagree 100%. I think he finally figured out his games played like shit and said "I want to make a game and not a movie this time" and did that.
                        While they certainly could have controlled better, in their time I had no huge issue with them, partly because I didn't know better, but they were consistent from game to game. That said, they could have taken inspiration from how some more modern games controlled at the time. MGSV does play great. No denying that. It's fun too, but, like Rob, I had a lot of fun with previous games so to me this is not really something that is new for this game.

I wish the game had some memorable bosses and fights like previous games. The Quiet sniper fight is good, along with the later sniper battle I won't spoil for Rob, but that's about it. Oh the Man on Fire one was a good moment too. The few bosses are forgettable, no personality. Quiet is cool, she has some interesting moments and she also has some cringe worthy ones unfortunately. Basically most of the boss fights involve fighting various Skulls and they aren't that good.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        and that's why I'm not a fan. I never had any issues with the other games playing like shit. Now I agree that this game handles great, but again, I personally never had any issues with how the other games handled.

For me it's the fucking LACK of story. I don't give a shit about how it plays if there is no real reason for me to keep playing. And thus far, there isn't. I dunno. I think after the "NEW MGS GAME!" feeling wore off, I was stuck with a great looking/playing game but no reason to keep playing.
                        I'm still playing the game despite my so-so feelings about the story because it is fun to play and I want the platinum. It's not my favorite Metal Gear, even though it is one of the better ones to play, not sure I'd want to play through the game again for the story in a few years, while I definitely love going back to any of the previous games to go through the story. Maybe I'll go back to MGSV for that opening and a few of the really great missions. But it's fun to play right now. Maybe after some time I will change my mind.

I'm curious Rob, how far are you in the game? While the story isn't great there are some moments. I do know that the game is really lacking in story especially at the beginning. It starts to pick up when you get to Africa especially around mission 16-20 I think. Not sure if you are roaming the open world a lot or doing side ops, maybe just going story mission to story mission may improve your enjoyment slightly, if only because it will get you to what little story there is sooner. You may still have to do some side ops if only to get your R&D high enough for some crucial equipment like some sort of rocket launcher and at least a couple fulton upgrades and a silenced tranquiler rifle. If you fulton everyone, maybe just main missions will be enough.

Here's the thing, the story isn't worse than what you're getting in Destiny, bro. There are some interesting things that occur in MGSV.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• The second sniper fight is amazing. The other skulls shit is garbage. BUT. How I escaped the skulls during the "still the truck" mission is a moment in gaming I will never forget.

Comment

• I'm on the steal the truck mission (or at least one of them) and it's pissing me off to no end. It's mission 16 I think. Been stuck for like a week and have done all of the goddamn side ops and im bored and annoyed and fuckkkkkkkkk

Comment

• OK, so I will tell you how I did it. I agree, that mission is butt. So, take Quiet. Set her up on the hill with a deadly rifle. Before you trigger the cutscene have her kill all the soldiers. They won't come back as zombies then. I then unleashed her on the skulls after they spawned. They will kind of walk towards you so I crawled around the camp until I got to the other side of the truck, opposite of the camp. The skulls were all on the other side near the tents. I stuck the fulton on the truck then did an action dive into the swampy area and immediately started crawling away. They saw the truck leave, but I was 100% stealth. I got into the swamp and called my copter then ran off and few away. It was so fulfilling and felt amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I'm on the steal the truck mission (or at least one of them) and it's pissing me off to no end. It's mission 16 I think. Been stuck for like a week and have done all of the goddamn side ops and im bored and annoyed and fuckkkkkkkkk
                                Sorry bro, that can be annoying. If Billy's guide wasn't enough, I got on and ran that mission again to see if I could make a quick video to help you out. Didn't go exactly as planned, I usually stealth it but I got caught, but it worked out pretty great. You don't need all the stuff I took on the mission with me. If you don't have a jeep take the horse. Other than that you just need to be able to fulton vehicles and you can do it this way. Hope this helps you out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3tZ5KE2oGsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X