This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Ordered one of those. Thanks for the recommendation.

Fallout 76 still taking up a bunch of time. Mario maker 2 is legit. Working on some maps to take to my dads place on the fourth. He loves Mario and will be blown away that we are now at a place where he can play his son's levels.

I played some of it yesterday and it's making me want to get a Switch.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I think it loses a bit of charm on the Switch as the Wii U version was much easier to make and play thanks to the dual screens but it's crazy how much they added to this.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Rob dunno if you even touch your rift anymore but Pavlov is 40% off right now ($5.99 Freedom bucks?) and is an absolute treat. The gun handling is fantastic, really satisfying just to load weapons, and it has a ton of user created content like a fantastic vr version of Trouble In Terrorist Town. If you don't know, it's basically like playing Werewolf but with guns.. in VR. Played that mode for a few hours with randoms the other night and had a blast
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• oh shit, I'll take a look at that. Been looking for some VR games to play lately.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Made a few levels in Mario Maker 2 over the weekend. It turns out my siblings do not know how to fucking play Mario. Too much Call of Duty has turned them into platforming plebes.

Comment

• I can't tell if it's the controller or what, but I feel like the games control like SHIT. I heard a lot of people saying to get one of the Hori joycons or only play with pro controller so the d-pad is better, but something feels off.

I tried making a new level but the changes to the builder feel so counter intuitive.

Comment

• Fuck a switch man. My kids have one and literally only Zelda held my interest and even then HATED the controller.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The pro controller is great. I just feel like zero controllers have had a good d-pad since the SNES.

Comment

• That is correct. The SNES was the last good d-pad.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      The pro controller is great. I just feel like zero controllers have had a good d-pad since the SNES.
                      Have to trick one of my kids into thinking they need it because without that I'm OUT.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      That is correct. The SNES was the last good d-pad.
                      TRUTH
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I dunno. I love my switch and have no problems playing in handheld mode. But I do have a holder for it that is aces.

Comment

• Honestly, I think our detachable controllers have some sort of lag issue and did right out of the box, either that or I'm old as the low hanging balls on Ted Danson

Comment

• Yes, joycons infamously have a dead zone problem.

Comment

• Really digging Dragon Quest Builders 2. It's actually a retelling of Dragon Quest/Warrior 2, and references the first RPG as well. So if you remember your slightly obscure NES JRPGs you will get an extra kick from it.

But the game is such a good just hang out and chill for like an hour or two game. It seems to not have the degree of exploration the first does, which is a bit of a bummer but hopefully that changes. The game does tell you there's a lot of hidden puzzles and chests to find, but it directs you where you need to go for quest objectives so you're not doing a lot of exploring yourself unless you think about going to find those chests.

Comment

• Apex season 2 is pretty fun. Played a bunch with my bro last night. Also still leveling up in Fallout76. Having a bunch of fun with that still.

Comment

Working...
                                X