Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That fucking horse boss in Sekiro is kicking my ass. Any tips fellas? I'm getting just a few hits in before he fucking rocks my shit in.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Couple things, watch where the boss first comes to after triggering him, his horse rears up for a few seconds and he doesn't attack, can get in a ton of free damage

If you don't already have it buy the skill that lets you attack while grapple swinging. Try to stay close enough to him to use it when the green icon shows up on him, the timing on when to actually attack mid-swinging takes a few tries to get used to, but the extra damage is a big help.

Other than that, be aggressive (be be aggressive). I had the same problem as you, he would kill me after I only got a few hits on him cause I was being way too defensive. If he is not swinging at you you should be swinging at him, pour on the damage as you can stagger him, just be ready to block when he fires back. If you see him about to do his special attack where he throws spear around in a circle a few times, you can back out of range and then grapple swing onto him for more free damage.

I think you can see some example all of this in my vid, just ignore the parts where I played like shit and got roughed up
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Use firecrackers to panic his horse and get in extra flurries in between deflects. Just gotta keep up offense until he dies. Also, when he’s out of range and the grapple icon appears, use it. Usually he’s setting up to do his wide spinning attack and those hurt like a beaaaatch.

Just get used to his moves and deflecting/gaining distance and grappling/firecrackering his horse. It may take a few tries to get a rhythm going, but he’ll drop sooner or later.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Firecrackers? Oh man I must be missing shittttt
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I didn't get the firecrackers until after this boss, bought it from the vendor that appears afterward. So, you definitely don't neeeeeed them

Comment

• ok cool because I've not even seen a vendor yet.

SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS TO PLAYYYYYYYY.

Having a blast with Division 2 still. Almost level 30.

Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch is legit fun. Just puts a smile on my face as I play.

Ape Out on the Switch is a great way to spend 15 dollars. Short as shit, but goddamn I like supporting indie games that try something new and have great art/music styles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Firecrackers? Oh man I must be missing shittttt
                There's a merchant at the top of the first area of bad dudes right before the cannon guy (and just before that chained ogre).

You can usually tell they're in the area by the crows.

Just find the outcropping of ledges right before the cannon man's gate and grapple up and you can buy the prosthetic tool for firecrackers (which will also help with most animals and the monk much later in
                stunning they ass).
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• ohhhh shiiiiittttt

Comment

• There's another one of his boys up the stairs to your right after the horseman fight.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Got close to killing horse dude. SO CLOSE.

Comment

• Unlocked World Tier 4 in Division 2.

Comment

• What does that mean exactly? Like once I hit level 30, what am I doing to unlock these tiers?

Comment

• Yoshi's Crafted World is so fun and relaxing. Nice work, Nintendo.

Comment

• Hadn't played Sekiro for 3-4 days, been fighting the flu and just not into it like the Soulsborne stuff. But, fired it back up and after a rough few min trying to relearn everything while regular enemies kicked the shit out of me, somehow managed to walk in and kill the bull on my first try with no ressurection. Just goes to show you what a break can do I guess

Also weird, I closed the game after dying to the bull the last time I played but without resurrecting in the fight or at a shrine.. when I turned the game back on it put me at the "died" state outside of the boss room with chance to rez. So when I went to fight it today the boss was already spawned where normally it's hidden in a enclosure until you get much closer. Really caught me off guard at the start so I miss tons of opportunities to attack in the early confusion

Comment

• Orin of the Water is a punkass shamisen-strumming bitch.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X