Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s what I’m contemplating at this very moment.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The good thing is I honestly haven't gotten very far. Like I said, I only have 3 prosthetic pieces and have been farming shit. I figure if I start over at least I could get back to where I'm at now with maybe 1-2 deaths.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You start getting items to reverse dragonrot pretty early, got one before doing my first real boss. Just have to follow Emma's quest line which is short and painless.

Just beat my first boss..
          Spoiler: spoils? 
        the demon Gyoubu Oniwa, aka badass samurai on the horse. Probably took 7-8 tries and even then my winning run felt like a fluke, died, rezzed, thought he killed me with a big shot and nearly dropped the controller but realized I had just a sliver left and just eeeeeeeked out a win by the skin of my teeth. Whew what a rush.

I will say, playing defensively does not work. You really need to blend heavy aggression with timely blocks/parries. I was getting nowhere on the boss, dodging and trying to keep distance and do hit and run tactics. Wasn't until I started being really really aggressive that I got him to even second phase, and then it was just a matter of keeping up the attack while trying not to get hit by the one shot moves

I still suck dick at parrying in this, enemies too in my face and combos are hard to predict still
        Last edited by Trejo; 03-25-2019, 12:54 PM.
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• And yeah it's any full death where you respawn at a buddah. The resurections are fine.. I thought the exact same as you Rob and didn't use any rezzes for the first few hours but still got everyone infected and was like what the FUCK

Comment

• yeah, this is NOT a defensive game. You do that, they gain back their posture and you're fucked. This is NOT a DS/BB game. This is some fucking Ninja Gaiden/Tenchu shit and I'm loving it.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah I really thought Platinum'ing Bloodborne would have prepped me for this no defense, high offense type of combat but it's a totally different beast

For posterity..
              https://youtu.be/rxPwGb9p8n8

Comment

• Like a bosssss

Comment

• So still not even remotely close to doing anything of merit in Sekiro but I made it to a giant fat drunk samurai boss(?) dude that another samurai dude tries to help me beat and just keep getting rocked hahah.

Was getting soooooo mad last night. Sometimes the targeting in this game annoys the piss outta me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    So still not even remotely close to doing anything of merit in Sekiro but I made it to a giant fat drunk samurai boss(?) dude that another samurai dude tries to help me beat and just keep getting rocked hahah.

Was getting soooooo mad last night. Sometimes the targeting in this game annoys the piss outta me.
                    I hear you about the camera targeting, it's really wonky in this one.

Just did that area you're at last night, best advice I can give (and you're probably already doing) is to pick off all the regular enemies before you engage the boss. I would just walk close enough for the first guy to notice me but not alert, lure him back to the water then fight him (away from NPC samurai), rinse repeat. The shield guys and last torch guy in the back you cant really pull this way, so i would sneak around behind them, execute one which would alert the boss, then run circles round the map til I lost aggro on the boss. Immediately head back and kill the rest of them before the boss walks back. Boom, then just talk to Samurai bro and the two of you can gang up on big boy.

Honestly the hardest part was beating the miniboss without the NPC dying first. I probably reset that whole area 4-5 times before I did it. Nothing happened after keeping him alive though it, no items no quest.. so that might have been a major waste of time

I am currently getting my ass handed to me by the boss after this section, so GL

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                      I hear you about the camera targeting, it's really wonky in this one.

Just did that area you're at last night, best advice I can give (and you're probably already doing) is to pick off all the regular enemies before you engage the boss. I would just walk close enough for the first guy to notice me but not alert, lure him back to the water then fight him (away from NPC samurai), rinse repeat. The shield guys and last torch guy in the back you cant really pull this way, so i would sneak around behind them, execute one which would alert the boss, then run circles round the map til I lost aggro on the boss. Immediately head back and kill the rest of them before the boss walks back. Boom, then just talk to Samurai bro and the two of you can gang up on big boy.

Honestly the hardest part was beating the miniboss without the NPC dying first. I probably reset that whole area 4-5 times before I did it. Nothing happened after keeping him alive though it, no items no quest.. so that might have been a major waste of time

I am currently getting my ass handed to me by the boss after this section, so GL
                      wait, do you think I skipped something? This is the first "boss" I've fought and you already did that dude on the horse whatever.

Comment

Is that the butterfly wamen or horse lord?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          wait, do you think I skipped something? This is the first "boss" I've fought and you already did that dude on the horse whatever.
                          Yeah dude, the drunk dude is in the rainy '3 years ago" area that you first go to by using the idol by the sculptor. But the main game path is out the temple and to the left, you should be working towards Ashina Castle. Have you not gotten to a chained ogre yet? If not, go that way. I'm at a second true boss going that way as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            Is that the butterfly wamen or horse lord?
                            Lady Butterfly. Took out the Bronie already but this old bag is giving me fits in phase 2

Comment

Yeah dude, the drunk dude is in the rainy '3 years ago" area that you first go to by using the idol by the sculptor. But the main game path is out the temple and to the left, you should be working towards Ashina Castle. Have you not gotten to a chained ogre yet? If not, go that way. I'm at a second true boss going that way as well.

HAHA holy shit, all I've been doing is the 3 years ago shit. Are you telling me I'm doing nonsense shit at the moment instead of the actual game?

FROM SOFTWARE DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUSSSEEEE

Comment

• I keep hearing she’s a bit of a nightmare even with the anti-air of the shuriken.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X