Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played a bunch of MGS last night. Man, I forgot how much I fucking love this game. So goddamn much. It's so tight and concise for a Hideo game and holds up pretty fucking well. It is super weird to play this without analog sticks still and no rumble is a bit sad but goddammit I love me some Solid Snake.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Started on Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It's more Tomb Raider. Since I love it I am totally good with it. There are challenge tombs, which are different from the crypts. I honestly don't remember challenge tombs in the first two, so no idea what to expect from them. And Lara is even more murderous, I had to kill capybara!

Comment

• I just can't get into these new Tomb Raiders. Lesley loves them to death but after the first one, they just seems completely interchangeable. I did have to beat the last boss or whatever for her and I had no idea what the fuck was going on in this world. I miss the days of just raiding tombs with dinosaurs and giant pointy tits.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I hated all the TR games before these. Thought they were all ugly messes that made no sense. And sure, they are interchangeable but that's true for pretty much all game series anymore. Nobody changes it up all that much.

Comment

• Oh for sure in regards to being interchangable like other game series but I still feel like even Lesley (who again, 100%s these fucking games) would be unable to tell them apart if I just randomly put Lara into a tomb from each game. I did like the first one but nothing grabbed me in the sequels as I hate the dumb puzzle shit anyways and always preferred Nathan Drake because I'm terrible misogynist.

Played a bit of Mr. Driller today. Never heard of it before or played it but it's kind of fucking addicting. I'm scared to show Lesley as that shit is right up her alley.

Comment

• Dude, you've never played Mr. Driller?! WELCOME!

And I am with Lesley. Something about these games clicks for me and I get real close to 100% on them.

Comment

• I'm in the same boat as Billy. Hated the original Tomb Raider series but love these new ones. It's basically Uncharted with a girl skin but I'm okay with that.

Comment

• Started Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Haven't played much, maybe 6-7 hours, I like it, it's more Origins so far, which isn't a bad thing other than the issues I had before. Stealth looks like it has some improvements, but leveling still means I can't just stealth assassinate anyone which I still miss. Has me trying to stay overleveled so I can. I do like the teleport assassination ability.

Tried Red Dead Online 2, made my character, finished the tutorial.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Odyssey is great. Best Ass Creed since the second one imo. Its fucking HUGE.

Comment

• I really liked Origins, but I love Odyssey. It's massive, and I am glad it's taking a year off because I find myself jumping in for an hour here and there and having fun being super hero Spartan.

Comment

• Counting the minutes until vacation begins. Tonight I am taking my Public Speaking final, then Friday night I need to study for my Math final, and take it on Saturday. What that means is I can get a head start on my vacation gaming. Here's what I want to get a chunk into:

Mutant Year Zero (on gamepass!)

Bayonetta 2
                        Ashen (on gamepass!)
                        Night In The Woods
                        Shadow of the Tomb Raider
                        Red Dead Online
                        The Messenger (this has been a real good handheld switch game while Sarah is watching British cooking shows)

I'm apparently already 30% through Shadow of Tomb Raider, and Bayonetta 2 is about 9 hours so I am going to try and mainline that in one sitting. I am so fucking excited to do nothing but game for 3 weeks.

Comment

• Mutant is hard as balls. Fun, but hard.

Grabbed Smash Bros for the Switch. Fuck the fact EVERYONE is locked except for the main 8. I'm not great at this game and just wanted to play with all 75 characters unlocked. This is the kind of shit that I'd gladly pay 20 bucks extra just to unlock.

That being said, holy shit is this game dense with options. It's a bit overwhelming.

Liberated another planet in Mass Effect Andromeda this weekend. Yay....

Comment

• I turned Mutant to easy. I suck shit at turn based games, and get my ass kicked even on easy on like X-Com. I spent like 30 minutes with it and it seems great.

And at this point I am confident in saying that if you don't own an Xbox, grab one on Christmas sale or with Christmas cash and just subscribe to Game Pass. What an awesome deal.

Comment

• I've been saying that in regard to Game Pass for months now. That and EA Access is totally worth the money.

Comment

• Finished up another world in Mass Effect Andromeda. Digging this game and I only wish the graphics weren't so janky. The story is decent but some of these character models are insane with how shitty they look.

Still having fun with Battlefield 5 and Battlefront 2.

Hunting down barns in Forza at the moment as well.

Unlocked a bunch of dudes in Smash. Still need to unlock SO MANY MORE. 75 characters is ridiculous. I currently have like 20 unlocked.

SO MANY GODDAMN GAMES AND NOT ENOUGH TIME TO PLAY.

Comment

Working...
                                X