Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I get to the top of the tower easily, but can never seem to knock the fucker off.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• What gun ya got? So long as it knocks him back, you should be able to T2 his ass over the edge. Just shoot him over and over and he’ll stagger backwards into hell.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        You motherfuckers make me feel like an incompetent asshole.
        Come on now, it’s a pretty hard game. Nothing wrong with that feeling when it comes to the Soulsborne stuff.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Pretty sure I'm stuck at that mini gun fucker
          If you can get to the tower he's at reliably, just skip fighting him for now. Eventually you'll unlock a shortcut to avoid him entirely the rest of the time you're in this zone, and once you finish the boss there isn't much reason to go back and deal with him (except for getting his badge/items)

If that's all you're 'stuck' at you aren't stuck at all! Progress, good hunter!
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Good to know.

God of War is pretty sweet so far. Look fucking AHMAHZING
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Might pick up God of War when I can, I think my multiplay days are slowly dwindling. I don't know if it's old age or what but I am just not having fun with it anymore.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I can't tell if I like God of War yet or not. Not counting the graphics and Jeremy Davies ridiculousness, the kid aspect isn't working for me yet. I also miss the cinematic camera angles but it's still pretty early in the game so hopefully, once I level up and get more accustomed to the controls I'll enjoy it more.

Comment

• Like 15-18 hours into God of War, no counter sadly. This is just an incredible game. I wish you didn't need to hit the square button for the kid to shoot, but that's literally my only complaint with this game. I got my axe to level 5, and all the abilities unlocked. My gear is all fully enchanted, with a couple legendary enchants and a legendary talisman. I did my first magic door and HOLY SHIT. Just in love with this game. Could see myself pushing toward 100% on it. Bummed it didn't drop a week or two ago so I could complete it before leaving on vacation.

Comment

• And if you're on the fence, go look up the first fight with The Stranger, played by Jeremy Davies. Right then I was like "ok, I am signed the fuck up for whatever else happens" and there's not much for spoilers except you'll see the best fist fight ever in a game when you finally play.

Comment

• Boy. BOY! Boy..... BOYYYY! boy.

Comment

• Made it through the Old Hunters. Ended up really enjoying the fights with Maria and the Orphan. Even if they had me cursing a blue streak, the aggressiveness of their AI was pretty exciting to go up against.

Off to finish the chalice dungeons before doing the NG+ for a spell to see how much more challenging the bosses get.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Like 15-18 hours into God of War, no counter sadly. This is just an incredible game. I wish you didn't need to hit the square button for the kid to shoot, but that's literally my only complaint with this game. I got my axe to level 5, and all the abilities unlocked. My gear is all fully enchanted, with a couple legendary enchants and a legendary talisman. I did my first magic door and HOLY SHIT. Just in love with this game. Could see myself pushing toward 100% on it. Bummed it didn't drop a week or two ago so I could complete it before leaving on vacation.
                          Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          And if you're on the fence, go look up the first fight with The Stranger, played by Jeremy Davies. Right then I was like "ok, I am signed the fuck up for whatever else happens" and there's not much for spoilers except you'll see the best fist fight ever in a game when you finally play.
                          Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Boy. BOY! Boy..... BOYYYY! boy.
                          All of this. The Stranger fight was fucking phenomenal, just everything about it was perfect. I too can only list that fucking square button as a complaint as it just makes no sense with the rest of the control scheme, but if that's all? I can deal.

I don't have a 4k tv or a PS4 Pro but I can only imagine how freaking insane it must look.

Also, BOOOOOY!!!!
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            Made it through the Old Hunters. Ended up really enjoying the fights with Maria and the Orphan. Even if they had me cursing a blue streak, the aggressiveness of their AI was pretty exciting to go up against.

Off to finish the chalice dungeons before doing the NG+ for a spell to see how much more challenging the bosses get.
                            Maria was one of my favorite fights in all the Souls games. Not the hardest, beat it on my first try, but just the way the fight scales up and by the end there's flaming blood flying all over the place and this amazing music, and like you said the AI is very aggressive and feels super epic and satisfying as hell dodging around all her attacks looking for openings. Also loved the Laurence and Ludwig fights. Laurence game me a hell of a go, probably 30 tries but man was it epic and felt great to finally nail that prick

Just wait til you get to the Defiled chalice...
                            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• The vicar was just so busy design-wise with all of the flamelight that it took a few tries to see his tells but he was just as tricky to me as the Cleric Beast in the beginning because of my lack of a vertical charge attack.

Ludwig was also a solid fight, the hurting he pours on in that last phase had me reeling several times.

Really solid content, I just wish there was another one.

The dark beast boss in Ailing Loran was probably the roughest one for a hot minute, then realized I kept dodging on the wrong side the whole time. SMAHT

Not sure I’m ready for the Defiled chalice yet (not that I don’t want to delve deeper, I just lack the mats to get it going just yet).
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Kratos is changing. This game is fucking rad.

Comment

Working...
                                X