Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bears in Far Cry 5 have a deathwish. I was chasing a box truck last night when a bear ran in front of me and plowed through fencing until it hit a tree near the pumpkin farm. What the hell?

Comment

• Played a ton more Far Cry 5 this weekend. Once you accept the writing as absolute dog shit (which you should do about an hour in) the game becomes much more enjoyable. I will say some of the Guns/Fangs for Hire writing is pretty damn funny, especially Cheeseburger the Grizzly. Infiltrating the old zoo with it's massive talking Cheeseburger statue was one of the best things in the game so far. Also if you think you're short on cash in those opening hours, pretty much the minute you get to the second area you pick you'll be loaded. And going back to clear quests from the liberated area gives you like a $400 bonus per mission, so you'll have a ton of money to buy the guns and helicopter (you only need the one with rockets and machine guns) then stay filled with sticky nades and body armor. I am still bummed by the weapon choices. A lot of repeats of the same weapons with no stat changes. I recommend getting the AK47 ASAP, it's so much better than the other rifles. Now that I have it, the 50 cal, grenade launcher sidearm, and the lock on rocket launcher I am death incarnate.

Comment

• Yeah, the story isn't what I hoped it would but maybe I put too much (any) expectation on getting a big budget AAA title to make a Statement. As with most open world games I've done like five story missions and hours of side stuff.

Comment

• A statement/stance would have been shocking, but it just makes no sense. The cult talks like it's religious, but doesn't seem to actually believe in anything except turning people into slaves or followers. They're more of just a militia...but everyone else in this county is apparently ALSO a militia. Or worse! So you're kind of just helping the militia without slaves beat the militia with slaves. And maybe it would help some if you had been just some citizen that maybe had been preparing for this crazy militia in the hills, but the fact you're a cop and just forgo all law and order for helping arm a second militia...and do a fucking LOT of murder with the militia members (seriously, the Disco Fever mission, what the fuck?) just the tone is so fucking off. But when the game is just flat out goofy, it can be good. But Ubi is not good at satire. They have totally ripped off almost word for word old Rockstar missions.

Comment

• played some Sea of Thieves this weekend with some friends.

I feel bad for anyone who actually bought this "game".
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, Billy, a lot of the missions seem Rockstar-esque. But at least the plane controls work in this game!

I got the Mondo version that comes with the soundtrack and, man, actually listening to the lyrics show how fucked up Seed really is. Great melodies and harmonies with some serious Doomsday messaging.

Comment

• Also picked up LA Noire for the Oculus. PRetty impressive with what Rockstar did for this. It's not the full game, but 6 cases instead. The locomotion stuff is neat and the driving is aces. It's weird being up close and personal with these characters but it's fun fucking around. And fist fighting them is hilarious.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I've been watching some of those CHUD kids play the pirate game. It rarely gets out of the lobby screen.

Far Cry 5 is still fun. I've beat the first dude in the Valley, so now I'm just randomly picking off people in the other two areas. Also, doing a ton of fishing. Just started playing the Arcade mode and the right maps are fun.

I've yet to unlock the cougar or bear.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I beat the second area and got Peaches and Cheeseburger yesterday. Went back to Holland Valley and cleaned up some quests, mostly to unlock the weird laser gun looking weapon. The quest chain is awful, and is what made me realize they were ripping off GTA writing from like 12 years ago. And the weapon is kind of weird, I need to mess with it more.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I beat the second area and got Peaches and Cheeseburger yesterday. Went back to Holland Valley and cleaned up some quests, mostly to unlock the weird laser gun looking weapon. The quest chain is awful, and is what made me realize they were ripping off GTA writing from like 12 years ago. And the weapon is kind of weird, I need to mess with it more.
                      I got that weird gun and I have yet to really use it. Most of my action is with the attack helicopter I got from the Amazon pre-order and the 50 cal when I'm on the ground.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Also picked up LA Noire for the Oculus. PRetty impressive with what Rockstar did for this. It's not the full game, but 6 cases instead. The locomotion stuff is neat and the driving is aces. It's weird being up close and personal with these characters but it's fun fucking around. And fist fighting them is hilarious.
                        I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to buying that on the weekend, but saw a ton of negative reviews on Oculus store about it being a bad port (from the Vive version) and I held off. Sounds like it's working for you just fine though? I also came thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to buying the regular LA Noire on steam cause getting so hyped for the VR version just made me want to play the damn game again
                        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• the VR reviews are from people who like to bitch.

The things you need to know:

1. It will prompt you to login/setup a rockstar account after you boot it up in VR. Which means you have to take off the headset and do some work. Not a big deal.
                          2. You will need a lot of room to play. More than other games IMO.
                          3. if you're graphic card is up to snuff then you're fine.
                          4. There are only 6 cases, and they are presented one at a time. This is not a full port of the OG game.
                          5. Gamers be bitchin...

I had no issues except for some wonnkiness with the motion tracking but again, it's a 30 dollar port of a few year old game. It's fun just to mess around in the world. And I only paid 15 bucks since I had that 15 dollar oculus credit. I'd say it's worth it if only just awkwardly punch dudes in the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

The things you need to know:

2. You will need a lot of room to play. More than other games IMO.
                            3. if you're graphic card is up to snuff then you're fine.

I had no issues except for some wonnkiness with the motion tracking but again, it's a 30 dollar port of a few year old game. It's fun just to mess around in the world. And I only paid 15 bucks since I had that 15 dollar oculus credit. I'd say it's worth it if only just awkwardly punch dudes in the face.
                            Yeah I got $20 canadabucks credit from Oculus which is why I was looking at this game, great minds. "Need a lot of room to play" even with the locomotion stuff? My play area isn't very big at all unfortunately but have been able to get by well enough in position-locked games like I Expect You to Die and Job Simulator. Stuff like GORN that's meant for room scale I've just gotten accustomed to having to move myself around a lot more in-game since I don't have much real world space to move in, what is it about NOIRE that requires a large space? That might be a dealbreaker, depending

And yeah, have a i7 7700k 4.2 GHZ, 16 gig DDR4 ram and a GTX 1070 so if i cant run a port of a 7 year old game then they really fucked it up lol
                            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              I got that weird gun and I have yet to really use it. Most of my action is with the attack helicopter I got from the Amazon pre-order and the 50 cal when I'm on the ground.
                              All the rifles except the 50cal and AK suck balls. Even with headshots I was having to hit a guy 2 or 3 times with the other sniper rifles. What a pain in the ass. The 50 cal dominates all threats.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Played a ton more Far Cry 5 this weekend. Once you accept the writing as absolute dog shit (which you should do about an hour in) the game becomes much more enjoyable. I will say some of the Guns/Fangs for Hire writing is pretty damn funny, especially Cheeseburger the Grizzly. Infiltrating the old zoo with it's massive talking Cheeseburger statue was one of the best things in the game so far. Also if you think you're short on cash in those opening hours, pretty much the minute you get to the second area you pick you'll be loaded. And going back to clear quests from the liberated area gives you like a $400 bonus per mission, so you'll have a ton of money to buy the guns and helicopter (you only need the one with rockets and machine guns) then stay filled with sticky nades and body armor. I am still bummed by the weapon choices. A lot of repeats of the same weapons with no stat changes. I recommend getting the AK47 ASAP, it's so much better than the other rifles. Now that I have it, the 50 cal, grenade launcher sidearm, and the lock on rocket launcher I am death incarnate.
                                I'm sure I'd have fun with Far Cry 5, I loved 3 and 4, but I'm probably waiting a bit on 5. Hearing the story is shit and the remaster of Far Cry 3 killed my interest in 5, but glad the gameplay is still great. Stupid that co-op story progression doesn't save for the second player. Hoping maybe that changes by the time I play it in a few months, but I doubt it. I think Far Cry 4 was similar co-op wise, except you couldn't do story missions co-op, just side stuff and it wouldn't save progress for the second player.

Feel free to make another Far Cry game with Michael Mando as Vaas, Ubisoft!
                                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
                                X