X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Superhot VR is the best VR experience.
    Yeah, but definitely not the best first VR experience.

Comment

• Anyone playing Fortnite? It looks interesting, but I’m hesitant.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        Anyone playing Fortnite? It looks interesting, but I’m hesitant.
        My kids and I are playing the battle royale part on PS4 and it's actually pretty fun. The building aspect really shakes up the formula and makes it a different game every time. Haven't played the zombie portion of the game as that costs moolah
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I played the battle royale stuff for a couple matches. I appreciate a bit about it, but the shooting is TERRIBLE for PVP and I just don't care about the building, and you've GOT to build to be good at it.

Comment

• Man, it is DUMB that Super Mario Odyssey basically does the Halo final level cop-out. It's great otherwise. I'm excited to explore all the other stuff now!

Comment

• the true ending comes with 500 stars or whatever I believe.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• fucking LOVE Elite Dangerous. Almost have enough credits to buy a sweet new tactical ship. Gonna go pirate hunting once I buy it.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

the true ending comes with 500 stars or whatever I believe.
                  Oh, is that why the Toads are all "the princess ran off again!"? I only have like 300 moons right now.

Comment

fucking LOVE Elite Dangerous. Almost have enough credits to buy a sweet new tactical ship. Gonna go pirate hunting once I buy it.
                    Picked up Elite and the Climb (went back on sale for $12 canuckbucks). My VR cup runneth over
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I played the battle royale stuff for a couple matches. I appreciate a bit about it, but the shooting is TERRIBLE for PVP and I just don't care about the building, and you've GOT to build to be good at it.
                      Yeah, building IS the end game leg up to be honest.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        Man, it is DUMB that Super Mario Odyssey basically does the Halo final level cop-out. It's great otherwise. I'm excited to explore all the other stuff now!

YOU FUCKING POSSESS BOWSER

Comment

• Which is great, but the falling blocks are bullshit.

I finally got a chance to play Hidden Agenda this morning. It definitely would be more fun in a party environment but it worked pretty well as a single-player game. You should plan on spending about 90 minutes with it for a single playthrough, with an intermission about every 30 minutes. I didn't see an option to really stop and resume later, which makes sense because it's supposed to be a collaborative (or competitive) game.

You can see tiny seams where the branching scenes get added or removed based on what you've said or done but it's a huge leap forward from, say, what BioWare did with the Mass Effect games. I'm excited to see what Supermassive does if they keep working on these types of games.

Comment

• I fired up Farpoint tonight. I had some calibration issues with my controller and had some trouble with getting the control scheme for movement figured out but once that was done i had fun with it. I think it'll be a standard space shooter but the combat is fun. I do think I need to grab the Aim controller because you actually do aim down the sights, which means I'm holding a dualshock up to my face 90% of the time.

Comment

• Elite Dangerous: what the fuuuck dude. This is the most complicated shit ever - couldn't even finish the second tutorial mission, spent at least 15 minutes awkwardly "flying" around the space station thing trying to figure out where the fuck to fly into it or to land on it, it kept spinning around so fast and such complex geometry I just gave up and started the real game.

..and 10 seconds into the real game proceeded to get stuck for like an hour trying to find how/where the fuck to go in the super awkward and hard to use menus and maps to get a target set for the first destination. Finally, hours later got to the spaceship to dock on.. then got fined hundreds of credits for not going to the right landing bay, fucked up my ship banging into stuff, finally miraculously & just barely landed at the right dock with literally seconds left on the timer.

Getting in that space station felt like beating dark souls, and it's the most basic thing someone could do in this game and was still an absolute struggle that I fluked my way into

Also, tried the climb and that is super awesome and intuitive but my arms were noodles after a couple maps haha
                              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                                Elite Dangerous: what the fuuuck dude. This is the most complicated shit ever - couldn't even finish the second tutorial mission, spent at least 15 minutes awkwardly "flying" around the space station thing trying to figure out where the fuck to fly into it or to land on it, it kept spinning around so fast and such complex geometry I just gave up and started the real game.

..and 10 seconds into the real game proceeded to get stuck for like an hour trying to find how/where the fuck to go in the super awkward and hard to use menus and maps to get a target set for the first destination. Finally, hours later got to the spaceship to dock on.. then got fined hundreds of credits for not going to the right landing bay, fucked up my ship banging into stuff, finally miraculously & just barely landed at the right dock with literally seconds left on the timer.

Getting in that space station felt like beating dark souls, and it's the most basic thing someone could do in this game and was still an absolute struggle that I fluked my way into
                                Welcome to Elite Dangerous. We have punch and pie. You are playing with a normal controller and not the touch controllers right? If not, remedy that shit right away. The touch controllers are not good for this game.

That being said, stick with it a bit because once it starts to gel it's awesome. Docking is all about going slow and orientating yourself with the arrows properly. They will always tell you what docking bay to land on and that number will always be in your HUD right in front of you. Just gotta find that same number and you're good to go BUT you gots to put down your landing gear first hahah. Learned that the hard way. I should try to find you next time you're on. See if we can fly together.

Comment

Working...
                                X