This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    If possible, buy your games thorugh the Oculus store. Some Steam bought games (even those that are made for the oculus) can run a bit crappy via SteamVR.

That being said Elite Dangerous is the goddamn SHIT BUUUUUUTTTTTT hard as balls and a ton of downtime. If you want more of an arcadey space shooter, grab House of the Dying Sun. Climb was 10 bucks yesterday and is pretty fun. I mostly play Superhot VR and Elite lately. Also check out Dispatch. Neat little virtual movie thing with multiple episodes. Costs like 3 bucks or something for all episodes. I thought it was really neat. Tilt Brush is a blast if you want to fuck around with VR art.
    Damn, okay good to know. Steam prices were significantly lower on most of those so that's why I went that way. How do i sign up for the beta stuff, just oculus site somewhere?

I did fire up Accounting, but it was completely backwards through Steam. Like, had to turn completely around to see the title screen and everything, even though the intial Steam VR loading area was facing properly. Know anything about that?

I saw people posting the $10 climb on reddit yesterday but every time i went through the link or tried to search it up manually it was coming up full price so missed out.

This is the coolest thing ever created though. I probably spent 10 min in the little office in Robo Recall just messing around with the robot there, ripping it apart and spinning around looking at all the parts, messing around with the physics. Unnnhh
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• You can get into the Oculus Beta stuff via the Oculus app and the settings. There is a link somewhere there that allows you to opt in. It's pretty cool.

As for Accounting, that game isn't technically made for the oculus, so yeah, it's a bit wonky. Definitely, need a ton of open space to play it. The loading screen is indeed behind you because it's a room scale game. Totally wonky.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh really? Okay, guess my thing ain't broke haha. Also very good to know, guess that's why i had trouble grabbing stuff some times, it was so far out of my playzone and facing away from the sensors, started getting pretty wonky. Guess I would have figured that out eventually after I tried a few more through Steam vr but everything else I had played so far was through Oculus. I just submitted refund request for Superhot on steam as it was $21 on sale there and just went up on daily sale on Oculus for $12, booyah!

Comment

• Superhot is the bees fucking knees.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• what's your oculus name?

Comment

what's your oculus name?
              calgaryronin

Comment

• cool, just sent you a request. I'm Izzim.

Comment

• Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, I like it so far, was sure I would.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I still need to get back to that one. About half way through if I remember correctly.

Comment

cool, just sent you a request. I'm Izzim.
                      Yeah saw your FB message haha, tried to add you but again, couldn't figure out where the hell to do that.

Played some Job Simulator and GORN last night. Had a fucking blast. Did the office worker job and had so much fun just messing around with EVERYTHING, pouring coffee all over my stuff, throwing paper planes at cube mates, playing the little Oregon Trail/Flappy Bird/etc cd games, typing out all the emails. And GORN.. my god. Was pouring sweat at the end of that session.

Love my Rift

Comment

• Gorn is pretty tight. I still prefer Superhot over it, but I'm excited to try local multiplayer as that means Ceej or Lesley could fight me...ooooh.

Comment

• Job Simulator is the best "here check out what VR is" experience.

Battle Chef Brigade is pretty damn fun.

Comment

• Superhot VR is the best VR experience.

Comment

• Played a few 'discs' of Superhot. Really rad and makes you feel bad ass when you pull of perfect maneuvers but I think something like roborecall or job sim is better way to introduce people to VR, less strenuous and not constantly restarting the set of levels

Tried about 5 seconds of a horror game and as soon as there was a loud noise I NOPEd the fuck out of it haha

Arizona Sunshine just went up for $20 on Oculus daily deal so probably gonna grab that.. man getting this at Xmas was the best possible time with all the sales on right now

Comment

• Once you beat Superhot you get to play the endless levels, which is what Ceej and I do constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X