Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was on last night. Made it to #11 and then killed myself thanks to accidentally jumping out of my buggy. boooo
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• What time? We usually play about 7-10pm. If you see me playing jump into Discord or message me on Steam, we almost always need a fourth team member. I have trivia tonight, so probably won't be on but I will be during the weekend.

Comment

• just got back from Ceej's place. I hooked him up with RetroArch and all of my games. He was in heaven when he loaded up Dark Wizard on the Sega CD in NTSC mode on his 65".
        NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD.

It's all I've been playing this weekend. NON STOP RETRO GOODNESS.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Link to this?

Comment

• For real Rob, let's get some more retroarch info. Where you getting all the roms from, what systems can it emulate
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Install FileZilla (or some other FTP service)
              • Download and Install the appropriate version of Retroarch: http://www.retroarch.com/index.php?page=platforms
              • Make sure you have a controller installed on your PC. This program is meant for a controller (duh)
              • Load up the program.
              • Access Settings First (second option to the right).
              • Select Video. Turn "on" Fullscreen mode
              • Access Main Menu. Select "Load Core"
              • Select "Download Core"
              • Download ALL OF THE CORES you want. I suggest the following -
                NES: NES/Famicon (Nestopia UE)
                SNES: SNES/Super Famicom(bsnes Accuracy)
                Gameboy Advance Gameboy Advance(mGBA)
                N64: Nintendo 64(Mupen64Plus)
                Genesis/32X/Sega CD: Sega MS/MD/CD/32X(PicoDrive)
                PSP: PSP(PPSSPP)
              • Message me once you know how to use your FTP shit.
              • Put games in folders that make sense to you.
              • Open Retroarch
              • Click on Scan Directory and scan your games directory
              • Profit

Now once you do all of this, you can begin to get serious. In the main menu of the program you can download all of the boxart for ALL of these systems. You can add your own backgrounds and shit and just tweak settings constantly. Not everything works, but the internet is your friend. Some games are finicky but you can get most to work. Sometimes the cores need to be loaded by hand first or sometimes OTHER cores need to be used depending on your system.

So then your shit will look like this:

Comment

• Also, you can obviously go to the following as well: http://romhustler.net and coolrom.com

What I can help with is the initial push

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  • Install FileZilla (or some other FTP service)
                  • Download and Install the appropriate version of Retroarch: http://www.retroarch.com/index.php?page=platforms
                  • Make sure you have a controller installed on your PC. This program is meant for a controller (duh)
                  • Load up the program.
                  • Access Settings First (second option to the right).
                  • Select Video. Turn "on" Fullscreen mode
                  • Access Main Menu. Select "Load Core"
                  • Select "Download Core"
                  • Download ALL OF THE CORES you want. I suggest the following -
                    NES: NES/Famicon (Nestopia UE)
                    SNES: SNES/Super Famicom(bsnes Accuracy)
                    Gameboy Advance Gameboy Advance(mGBA)
                    N64: Nintendo 64(Mupen64Plus)
                    Genesis/32X/Sega CD: Sega MS/MD/CD/32X(PicoDrive)
                    PSP: PSP(PPSSPP)
                  • Message me once you know how to use your FTP shit.
                  • Put games in folders that make sense to you.
                  • Open Retroarch
                  • Click on Scan Directory and scan your games directory
                  • Profit

Now once you do all of this, you can begin to get serious. In the main menu of the program you can download all of the boxart for ALL of these systems. You can add your own backgrounds and shit and just tweak settings constantly. Not everything works, but the internet is your friend. Some games are finicky but you can get most to work. Sometimes the cores need to be loaded by hand first or sometimes OTHER cores need to be used depending on your system.

So then your shit will look like this:

I need to fuck with my settings more. I was initially going for more of moving complete libraries into my Pi, but I never setup all of the side shit that came with it.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Rob, should have stayed on for one more game. We dropped into Lipovka, had nobody with us and looted the entire town. Then got the chicken dinner. At the end it was a four way fight, and four guys stormed a house we were watching with four other guys in it. We tossed some grenades and their car, blowing it up, then smoke grenades all over the road and got in front of the remaining players and lit them all up.

Comment

• I've been playing horizon. It's pretty cool

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Horizon is awesome. I look forward to that expansion coming out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Rob, should have stayed on for one more game. We dropped into Lipovka, had nobody with us and looted the entire town. Then got the chicken dinner. At the end it was a four way fight, and four guys stormed a house we were watching with four other guys in it. We tossed some grenades and their car, blowing it up, then smoke grenades all over the road and got in front of the remaining players and lit them all up.
                          I streamed our shit last night for fun just to see how it worked on the new lappy. I def need to up my mic but it was fun with you guys

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157957437

Comment

• We'll be on again tonight!

Comment

• Yeah, for sure. It's a bunch of fun even though I totally suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                I've been playing horizon. It's pretty cool
                                I really need to get back into this. I'm not all that far but I haven't touched it since I bought it. Caught sidetracked with other shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X