This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yakuza 0

Chapter 5 just started. This is a good and dumb game. I appreciate being able to jump in and out, as I can't really marathon this. 2-3 hours and I am good for a couple days. It's so stupid and fun though. I met THE HUMAN ERECTION yesterday.

Horizon Zero Dawn

This is great. It's a mix of the new Tomb Raider games and Far Cry. So kind of my wet dream. The weapons kind of confused me, until I realized you're adding to your arsenal, not really replacing them. I did like I do in Far Cry and spent early game grinding out some easy levels and crafting all the upgrades possible. So out of the like 10 things I can upgrades 6 are already max and 2 only need one more level, but I don't really "need" those upgrades. I put about 11 hours into this, and it keeps showing me more and new challenges that keep anything from getting too monotonous. When the difficulty finally kicks in, it really kicks in.

For Honor

Fuck this game. Broke piece of shit.

Comment

• I hated Far Cry 4. Will I still like Horizon?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I hated Far Cry 4. Will I still like Horizon?
        First, we told you play FC3! Second, did you like the new Tomb Raider games? If yes, then yes.

Comment

• True that but 4 was on sale for like 11 bucks.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I hated Far Cry 4. Will I still like Horizon?
            Depends on what you hate about Far Cry 4. My guess, you probably won't like Horizon. My description for it was Dragon Age/Mass Effect + Far Cry 3&4 but the new Tomb Raider work too.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I hate how boring it is and how shitty the gun play is. I also hate Dragons Age so maybe I'll hold off on Horizons for a decent sale.

Comment

I hate how boring it is and how shitty the gun play is. I also hate Dragons Age so maybe I'll hold off on Horizons for a decent sale.
                You didn't play Far Cry.

The Dragon Age comparison is mostly just how there are dialogue choices and it's not presented in a boring ass way like your beloved Fallout.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I played FC4 for like 3 hours and was not a fan of anything I was doing. It was Ubisoft standard bullshit of having a million things to do but none are particularly fun.

Coming off of Tf2 it suckkkkkked

Comment

• Far Cry shitty gun play? No more gaming while drunk. And I'd say Far Cry is the series with very LITTLE to do, but a million ways to do it...which is what makes it so much fun. There's a million icons, but they're hunting grounds, collectibles you can ignore, etc. The story and camps are where it's at. Far Cry 3 has a WAY more entertaining villain (but shits the bed in act 3) but Far Cry 4 does have the fucking awesome serial killer side quest.

Fil, our poor Rob is coocoo.

Comment

• What can I say? Killing minorities in the jungle didn't do anything for me.

Comment

• You're a bad American.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Far Cry shitty gun play? No more gaming while drunk. And I'd say Far Cry is the series with very LITTLE to do, but a million ways to do it...which is what makes it so much fun. There's a million icons, but they're hunting grounds, collectibles you can ignore, etc. The story and camps are where it's at. Far Cry 3 has a WAY more entertaining villain (but shits the bed in act 3) but Far Cry 4 does have the fucking awesome serial killer side quest.

Fil, our poor Rob is coocoo.
                          Billy is correct. I use the bow and stealth my way through all the camps in Far Cry 3 and 4. I find it extremely fun. Doing the same in Horizon.

As far as Horizon, if scanning machine animals for their strengths and weaknesses, using multiple kinds of traps and bows with different arrows for doing damage, stripping armor, parts, or weapons, plus elemental damage to some weapons, and maybe a little stealth (not required), to take them down doesn't interest you then you may not like Horizon.

Comment

• For Honor needs to fix whatever the fuck they are doing because Jesus Christ this game is great when it works but holy fuck it hardly works and goddammiiiitttttt

Comment

• I decided to sample some of my unplayed backlog this morning and tried Murdered: Soul Suspect. I really like it! So far it's basically a detective adventure game with a bit of MGS-style sneaking thrown in.

Comment

• yeah, I dug what little I played of that. For Honor is working much better now "*knocksonwood*

Comment

Working...
                                X