Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy only has 8 alts on that server, I hope he has something nice to wear. :-D
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rainbow Six Siege is fucking LEGIT. This is a case where I wish I had not listened to the masses, for sure. There are a couple hours of "situations" which are basically single player tutorials teaching you the mechanics. They're a lot of fun, and most importantly you get "renown" which is used to buy your heroes. Because of course there are heroes!

BUT it's kind of cool. You're unlocking all these special operatives from across the globe with different abilities and weapons. So you WANT to get a bunch unlocked so you can have a few different play styles to pick from. There's nothing like shooting down a reinforced wall with a weird screw rocket thing and killing someone then rushing in and taking down another. Or slamming down your shield, and hulking up with a pure armor character and just dropping guys in a corridor.

I said on twitter it's super realistic GI Joe, and that's totally true.

Comment

• Yeah it's worth the 20 bucks.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I don't know if it's a good thing that I actually fell asleep playing a game today. As in, I'm walking along the path and the next thing I know I'm bobbing along stuck in a corner.

Anyway, I tried Ether One today. It's maybe okay? I'll give it one more shot. I'm trying to clean off the PS+ games I've let sit on my HDD.

Comment

• Yall need to let me know how No Man's Sky is.

The videos and impressions coming out aren't selling me.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I am so goddamn excited. I woke up to let Spartacus out around midnight and my roommate was up playing.

Comment

• Played something other than Uncharted last night. Played about 2 or 3 hours of No Man's Sky. Game just throws you in and lets you figure things out yourself. So far I like it, but I can see myself getting bored if it's just gather shit to trade or craft more shit/upgrades. Luckily, I think there's more to it, right before I stopped playing I crafted what I assume will let me start cataloging plant and animal life, so there's probably a lot more for me to discover gameplay wise. It's fun so far, discovered a couple planets, a moon, a space station, learned a bunch of alien words, shot my mining laser at a bunch of rocks and crystals, and killed a few robot drones. I wish you could fast travel or teleport to the different outposts or settlements after you discover them. Starting to not like wandering away to far from my ship because I have to walk back to it. Maybe there is away and I just haven't figured it out yet or maybe it's an upgrade later.

I played Uncharted multi last night too. Had to at least get my daily challenge done.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• No Man's Sky won't be for everyone...but it is absolutely for me. This is the ultimate "I am going to have a couple drinks/rip this bong and not move from the couch for four hours" game. It lulls you into a false sense of relaxation, which can last quite a while, then sentinels turn on you. Or a pirate chases you down. Or you find...anomalies.

Comment

• Bought it because I was hanging with Baltar and I make poor decisions.

Played for about two hours

I think I dig it but I know for a fact that right now I HATE the stupid survival shit. It goes against the relaxing nature since you need to worry about your suit, gas, etc.

Like I want a sandbox mode where I don't have to worry about that shit and can just fly around and explore. IT's almost a bad thing to just land to walk around because after 3 landings you gotta get more plutonium or whatever and depending on where you landed that may be a bitch. But I did name some animals after my pets so that's funny.

Past that issue (which will probably go away once I level up a bit and shit) it's neat and feels like what Spore kind of wanted to be in regards to the galaxy and creatures.

I hate that you can't blast your way out of caves though. I had to kill myself (and lose my shit) last night after wandering around in a fucking cave for an hour. That sucked. Now I don't ever want to go in caves. At least in Minecraft you can place flares/fire whatever to leave a trail of bread crumbs.

All that being said, it's amazing what a small team was able to accomplish. The real time flying is great and Lesley couldn't believe that it would take an hour for me to get to the next planet without warping.

But like you said, people are going to be split HARD on this game. It's most definitely not the game I thought it was going to be but I havea feeling if I can stick with it for at least 10+ hours that it will open up and be more fun.

Comment

• So can you bump that soundtrack full-time or what?

Comment

• I actually barely notice the survival stuff. Unless you land on an extremely harmful planet then it's all very soft on penalties and requiring resources. The only one that kind of sucks is plutonium, because yeah 4 take offs and you're out kind of blows. But find a cave, dump two stacks in your ship's inventory, then just pick it up a little bit here and there after that. The only time I felt pressured by the survival stuff was when I landed on an ice planet which ALSO got crazy storms every 15 minutes. Otherwise I actually refill my suit/gun over and over just to clear inventory space.

And no grave, all procedural.

Comment

• $400 for a PS4, No Man's Land, Uncharted 4 and COD BLOPS 3 bundle. So tempted, but going to wait until next month when the Neo gets announced and this shit drops further in price.

No Man's Land looks like the right kind of time suck for me.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I should specify that the deal I'm talking about is via NewEgg on eBay.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• No Man's Sky is just great. I learned that once you get the Atlas Chip V1 every space station will have a suit upgrade to buy for more inventory space. I meant to play for about 2 hours and ended up not going to sleep until almost midnight.

Comment

• I haven't gotten the chip yet but have already upgraded my suit like 5 times.

Also added some new planets to the galaxy. Let me know if any of you run into Hocken-345 or the Deep V galaxy haha

Comment

Working...
                                X