This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOOM IS THE GODDAMN BEST

The explanation for the sarcophagus when the game starts is amaaaaaazing.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W_zAV1bU3Iw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• FUCK YEAH.

Abraham: 1 - Abyss Watchers: 0
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• *Abraham and Black Hand Gotthard: 1 - Abyss Watchers: 0

Just kidding yo'. Congrats on beating that boss! What do you think of DS3 vs Bloodborne? From your videos it seems to be way more of the fast-paced, reflex/dodging like BB than say.. DS2 which is super slow and clunky feeling in comparison.

That said, I gave up on my original DS2 character, rolled a Sorcerer and am currently trying to blast my way through it. Was finding this game more difficult than BB in general, I couldn't shake the BB instinct to dodge around and try to attack through all the damage I'm taking and it just doesn't work. Hoping the Sorcerer will help curb that
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• So far I'm doing much better in DS3 than BB solely because I never got the hang of parrying in BB.

I could never get the timing right.

Comment

• BUT I love the world of BB MUCH MORE because DS3 all feels very "samey" if that makes sense.

I think I'm going to restart BB here soon and see if my new skills help.

Comment

• Oh I totally agree even just from DS2. 95% of the enemies are soliders, or knights, or zombie soliders, or giant knights, or even BIGGER knights with glowing stuff, and all the environments are castles and whatnot. Give me the gothic, Lovecraftian horror stuff in BB every day.

I never got the hang of parrying in BB either. TBH I almost never used the gun, just relied on timing my dodges and trying to get as many hits off as possible between rolls. I think I got a couple parrys off on
                  Spoiler: end boss 
                Gerhman
                which helped in that fight immensely, but otherwise didn't bother as I'd always shoot too early and end up getting CRUSHED after my bullet did nothing.
                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• DOOM complete. FUCKING AWESOME. The perfect no nonsense power fantasy. Just rip fuckers to shreds. Damn funny too. Very dry sense of humor. Fuck. So good. And leaves it with a ridiculous sequel set up. I WILL PLAY MORE.

Comment

• Considering Hitman on PC or Valkirya Chronicles remaster on PS4. But it's 10:30 and I wouldn't play either until Sunday.

Comment

• Regarding Doom, I don't need to have played the others to understand what's going on, right? Blasting hell beasts into the beyond and that's about it?

Comment

• Uncharted multi is the shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          Regarding Doom, I don't need to have played the others to understand what's going on, right? Blasting hell beasts into the beyond and that's about it?
                          Naw. I mean, there is totally a story somehow, and it is rad as shit but it explains itself well. It's really self contained. All you need to know is Doom Guy is the baddest motherfucker to ever walk the planes of Mars and Hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            DOOM complete. FUCKING AWESOME. The perfect no nonsense power fantasy. Just rip fuckers to shreds. Damn funny too. Very dry sense of humor. Fuck. So good. And leaves it with a ridiculous sequel set up. I WILL PLAY MORE.
                            I remember liking Doom 3 a lot back then. How is it compared to it?
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Killzone Shadow fall is 5 bucks on the PS4 right now. Totally worth the price.

Comment

• dlc is free too it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X