Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIt level 17 in the Division. Taking my time. Enjoying it.

Grabbed the Twilight Princess HD remake this weekend. Haven't played it since the Wii launch in which I hated it due to the waggle shit.

Turns out the game is much better with a standard controller (who would have thunk it?!) and I'm digging it far more at the moment. I only made it to the first dungeon this weekend so my tune could change next week...
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 30 on Division. Tried a daily, and holy shit. That is rough. ROUGH. Need better gear before I do that again. Fucked around in the dark zone for a bit, but my friend couldn't hang for long. Once you hit 30 Dark Zone scales to your level so it's 30-32.

Comment

• Picked up the Division so I can play with you guys sometime, only level 6 so far though..

..CAUSE I WAS TOO BUSY KILLING ROM IN BLOODBORNE

feel like King of the world
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• LIKE A BOSS.

GOTDAMN
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The sad part is, after like 17 failed attempts it was actually easy. Like STUPID easy. All I had to do was have some patience. I don't know if you've fought Rom yet, but basically my issue was

Spoiler: fight spoilz 
            I would kill all the small spiders at the start, then attack Rom. After a few hits she would teleport away, summon more spiders and start doing all these crazy spell casts, raining down ice meteors and shooting them up through the water in a big AOE

Every time I fought her, I'd get to the 2nd phase where spiders respawn and spells start, and I would panic so hard trying to kill her right away that I'd rush in and attack, get caught by a spell trying to get a couple extra hits or get jumped by all the new spiders after blowing my stamina attacking and it would always be like an instant death once caught

This time, I figured out if I just sprinted clockwise, all the ice she drops misses, and if she rolled on her back to shoot stuff up from the ground I would just back wayyy up. I refused to let the little spiders catch me so I just kept circling around Rom, killing them one by one when they wandered too close while watching her to see if she was about to do a spell so I could avoid it. It took a solid 15 minutes of dodging ice, killing spiders, dealing with teleporting and new mobs, but in the end it was pretty easy to beat

I fucking love that all it takes is a change in strategy to make something that was once so frustrating into a breeze, rather than having to go grind out 20 levels until I'm overpowered

Comment

• Just flying through Bloodborne now. Killed The One Reborn on my second try (actually died from one of his abilities right as I killed him, thank god it still counts), and killed Micolash on my first try, though apparently I cheesed the second part of the fight by unintentionally not doing something, which made it way easier

Theres only 1-3 more bosses left depending which ending I go for. When I quit playing last year I never thought I'd get this close to beating it. Feels good man
              Last edited by Trejo; 03-22-2016, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Beat Xcom 2 last night live on stream.

Remainder episodes will go up on BDRcade over the next two weeks for those that want to watch it.

time for a new game to stream....

Comment

• I missed a couple Rob. How did I fare?
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• you'll have to watch to find out. Crossfit sees some fucking shit is all I'll say.

Comment

• Which one do I watch? The last? Cause I might have time tonight for one ep!
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Watch them all! Or keep an eye out in the BDRcade thread for when you show up under an ep.

Playing with my GameFace stuff as I just found out they still do this shit in the EA games but it's weird as fuck to figure out.

Comment

• UNFUCKINGSTOPPABLE

Spoiler: Bloodborne boss/story spoilers 
                          So after Micolash, I killed the first of three "final bosses", Mergo's Wet Nurse. The first two attempts she one-shot me. But from that I learned what the attack I absolutely must dodge looked like and beat her on my 3rd, extremely cautious attempt after some close calls

Technically I could finish the game right now without fighting any more bosses, but to save another 40 hours of play I'm going to save scum right before the 'end' so I can do all three endings without replaying from scratch. Since I'm doing that, I figured I better kill EVERY optional boss while I'm at it rather than fight them for the first time on new game plus when the difficulty is higher

And so I hunted my goddamn face off the last 2 nights. Amygadala? Dead. Celestial Emmisary? Dead. Martyr Logarius? Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos? All murdered.

Two final bosses to go and I'll have completed everything the game could throw at me (besides those chalice dungeons which are a whole other can of worms). It's surreal to me. I quit playing this game last May after deciding the 4th boss was impossible, and now two weeks after picking it back up and starting a new character I'm at the finish line

When it's all said and done, this will easily be my proudest gaming accomplishment

Almost time to go back to my copy of Dark Souls 2 now where I also got stuck thinking it was impossible
                          Last edited by Trejo; 03-24-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Good on ya, Trejo! Good on ya!

Comment

• jesus christ Trejo. ALL THAT IS MAN.

Comment

• games where I can put my face into them are always the best.

I SCORED THE FUCK OUTTA THIS GOAL

Comment

Working...
                                X