Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up Lego Avengers last night. Lesley and I beat the first level. IT's following the standard of using the actual dialogue from the movies which I'm not completely a fan of as sometimes it sounds like someone is doing a shitty dub.

That being said, this is supposed to be bigger than Lego Marvel and that's probably my favorite of the series. Gonna have fun with this one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Lego Marvel us the only Lego game I've really enjoyed. I'm interested to hear how you like this one as you go through.

Comment

• First level was the opening of Ultron. Second level is the opening to the first movie. Curious to see how they fit in Ant-Man, Iron Man 3, and Cap 2 as those are supposed to be levels in this game.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Finally diving into Metal Gear V. Played the first, I dunno, 7 or so missions so far plus some side ops? Just extracted the guy that made my arm. I really enjoy the open world roaming on/after missions, but also that everything so far has been pretty bite-sized so if I never feel like I need to set aside a huge chunk of time to play. Spending too much time running around looking for plants and stuff.

I'm hot piss as stealthing through this though. Only one mission so far was a full stealth/no kill/no alert, the rest I get about halfway to the target then end up guns blazing after drawing too much attention. Workin' on it.

Fultoning stuff never gets old. Want to max that (and tranq gun) pronto, just got the first extra capacity and weight upgrades, and have the separate research facility up and running at Mother Base, plus that cute puppy running around. Life is good.
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
            Finally diving into Metal Gear V. Played the first, I dunno, 7 or so missions so far plus some side ops? Just extracted the guy that made my arm. I really enjoy the open world roaming on/after missions, but also that everything so far has been pretty bite-sized so if I never feel like I need to set aside a huge chunk of time to play. Spending too much time running around looking for plants and stuff.

I'm hot piss as stealthing through this though. Only one mission so far was a full stealth/no kill/no alert, the rest I get about halfway to the target then end up guns blazing after drawing too much attention. Workin' on it.

Fultoning stuff never gets old. Want to max that (and tranq gun) pronto, just got the first extra capacity and weight upgrades, and have the separate research facility up and running at Mother Base, plus that cute puppy running around. Life is good.
            Not sure if it is affecting you much yet, but I hear the grinding for materials and waiting for them and upgrades to process is worse now. I ended up leaving the game running overnight and during the day so things would finish developing and so unprocessed materials would process.

Make sure you upgrade your fulton so you can fulton containers as soon as you can. You'll need a lot of materials for the later platforms and weapon upgrades.

Stealth may become easier for you when D-Dog is all growns up. You'll want to develop a tranquilizer sniper rifle as soon as you can.

Oh try and log into the game once a day even if you don't plan to play it just to get the log in rewards every day. That money and materials will add up.

Need any help, let me know, I dumped way too many hours into this game.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
              Not sure if it is affecting you much yet, but I hear the grinding for materials and waiting for them and upgrades to process is worse now. I ended up leaving the game running overnight and during the day so things would finish developing and so unprocessed materials would process.

Make sure you upgrade your fulton so you can fulton containers as soon as you can. You'll need a lot of materials for the later platforms and weapon upgrades.

Stealth may become easier for you when D-Dog is all growns up. You'll want to develop a tranquilizer sniper rifle as soon as you can.

Oh try and log into the game once a day even if you don't plan to play it just to get the log in rewards every day. That money and materials will add up.

Need any help, let me know, I dumped way too many hours into this game.
              Material grind hasn't impacted me yet, I have enough supplies and money, my problem right now is just having my different teams (research/medical etc) leveled up high enough to actually develop what I need.

Yeah, the second I saw the tranq sniper rifle it became the holy grail of items I wanted. Need medic level 15 though and currently I'm at 0 lol. I don't think it's even an option for me yet, must have to do more missions first. D-Dog helps with stealth too eh? Exxxxxxcellent. I never use the damn horse, prefer to run around on foot most the time anyway. Also I never remember to use the box for hiding while im in the middle of an enemy base. So much to learn..

The logging in daily is a good idea. Been making sure to go to the challenges section and taking my rewards as I finish some of those too.
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Yeah, the different units open up after certain missions are completed and they allow you to build their platform.

Forgot about those challenges. That was added in an update, I had already 100% the game by that point. Those give a nice amount of materials and soldiers.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Lego Marvel us the only Lego game I've really enjoyed. I'm interested to hear how you like this one as you go through.
                  Played a few more levels last night. Not quite sure what to think so far. IT's all over the fucking place. Like you'll start in a weird hub and then it'll go to a cutscene and then into an actual level, then back to a hub, then back to a level all with weird editing. Like the first level is Ultron, then it transfers to the Avengers one hub, then all of a sudden you're at the scene where Steve Rogers is boxing (like in the movie) which is a hub but then it flashbacks and you're playing through the first Cap Movie, then it goes back to the Avengers.. It also seems like the split screen is broken or at least wonky as fuck as a lot of times it's hard to see what the fuck you're doing.

However, we just made it to the open world of Manhattan last night so maybe it starts to gel better soon.

Comment

• Cool Rob. Let us know. I enjoyed those last Lego games. Especially Marvel.

I got Dimensions for my son, but he's crazy for MY game, Battlefront.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Almost finished with Beyond: Two Souls

This game is nuts.

Comment

• I completely forgot I bought that game until I fired up my PS4 over the weekend. I don't have a problem, I swear.

Comment

• I wish I would have played the remix version first. The standard Pulp Fiction style makes it a bit weaker since it keeps jumping all over the place.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            I completely forgot I bought that game until I fired up my PS4 over the weekend. I don't have a problem, I swear.
                            Shit I bought so many goddamn games over black friday/XMAS that I'm still going through them.

Comment

• I really want to play The Witness this weekend.

Comment

• Fuck Blow and his pretentious bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X