Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit level 20 last night during an EPIC Conquest match. Was DOMINATING. felt good man. Having fun blasting through the story line as I'm a few levels higher than I should be for them which means they can be tough but not overwhelming and allow me to solo them. Not sure if I just needed a long break in between FPS games, but I'm really fucking digging this game a whole bunch at the moment. Good job Bungie.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Mad Max

The more I play this the more I dig it. Got caught up in my first dust storm, it's a bit overpowered and destroyed by car in like half a minute, but I get that they are pushing you to get the fuck out of there when it happens. Visually it was awesome as hell.

Got a few more upgrades to Max (the iconic leather jacket, woot) and my car so it's starting to play better and feel better. Banging out all the collecting and threat stuff before I take on the bases, taking it nice and casual so I don't burn out
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
        Mad Max

The more I play this the more I dig it. Got caught up in my first dust storm, it's a bit overpowered and destroyed by car in like half a minute, but I get that they are pushing you to get the fuck out of there when it happens. Visually it was awesome as hell.

Got a few more upgrades to Max (the iconic leather jacket, woot) and my car so it's starting to play better and feel better. Banging out all the collecting and threat stuff before I take on the bases, taking it nice and casual so I don't burn out
        Wait till you get the thunderpoon.

Seriously, I'm having so much fun with Mad Max. The storms.......SOOOO Good, the lightning is astounding. It has flaws but it just hits a sweet spot for me the more I play it.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hit level 27 in Destiny last night. Having fun just playing control constantly haha.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Almost level 40 in Destiny now. Having a bunch of fun with this.

Played a bunch of MGS V and worked on some new Mario levels this weekend. Just waiting for next week and ROCK BAND 4 awww yeahhh

Comment

• "Through the Fire and Flames" is just as difficult on drums, you guys. Holy hell.

Comment

• man I can't wait to have the drums next week. I haven't had a set since RB 2. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Comment

• I'm so excited I can't deal. Bought a handful of new songs last night just because.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Wait till you get the thunderpoon.
                    This. Completely changed how I play the game. I spent countless hours avoiding all the convoys because even with the 2nd highest harpoon upgrade they would still push my shit in before I could take out the lead car and all the protectors.

Got the thunderpoon, upgraded it a couple times, now I've been driving from convoy to convoy just absolutely obliterating everything with ease. Ammo is no longer an issue, fully completed all the upgrades and activites in Jeets territory so I just go to base, get full ammo/water/heath/gas and head back out to fuck up more people. Completing Gutgash's area is going much faster.

Got my car really souped up so the driving feels way better, though I went extra tanky so it's still pretty slow.

Parrying is still shit though. I should have had a dozen 30 hit combos but I get up to like 26-27, and either it just doesn't register, or I am doing the fury finishing move of suplexing someone and get punched during the fucking animation that is unavoidable. SMH

Comment

• so Max is worth grabbing then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        so Max is worth grabbing then?
                        I think so, but understand it does have flaws. Just none of them are running me away yet. And I FEEL like I'm playing Mad Max and not a car game with Max shit tacked on. It feels like a Mad Max world and I'm loving it.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's very much a collect-athon. A gorgeous, bad ass collect-athon with spike covered death vehicles, stabbing people in the face, eating corpse maggots and exploding cars with 4 barrel shotguns, but a collect-athon nonetheless.

This plays into my video game OCD nicely, but yeah, other than the sparse story missions its a countless amount of hours spent "drive to X spot on map, kill/collect everything, go to next spot on map", all the collecting leads to upgrades for your base and car, so there a purpose, but if that doesn't sound like something you would enjoy than it would be hard to recommend

ETA: Yes, it very much feels like being in the Mad Max universe, so much so that I had to watch Fury Road again last night

Comment

• I beat Metal Gear. Gonna finally take a look at Max this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I beat Metal Gear. Gonna finally take a look at Max this weekend.
                              Go in with managed expectations and you should enjoy it. Unless you're not OCD like me then the collecting might get old.

Comment

• Spent about an hour or so with Mad Max. Digging it so far, but the controls are so weird. Trying to make the on foot and driving controls the same is super weird. Just make a car control like a car, and on foot control like on foot. LB to aim? Tha fuck? The hand to hand combat isn't as in depth as Mordor or Batman, but it's fun and yo MAX FUCKING DROP KICKS AND SUPLEXES MOTHERFUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X