This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
    I still need to try and get further in this one, hit a wall a few months ago where the only bosses I could get to would fucking RUIN me in seconds and it would take 20 minutes of hell to get back to them each time. Would love to see more BDRcade vids of you playing it..

Yeah Arkham Knight really disappoints with the boss battles. Hate all the fucking tank ones so much. Just so repetitive.. kill small tanks, kill large tank, run away and circle around to kill next large tank, rinse repeat until Boss is left, continue to do SAME strategy only now it takes 20 hits to kill it and is way harder to get away from. Yawn

Sold GTA for $40 so I think I'm gonna put the cash towards Mad Max, Until Dawn or MGSV... still debating which one. Really want to get Until Dawn and play it with friends but the other games probably have more bang/$
    Hold off on Dawn. It's awesome, but you can finish it in less than a week. I'd say MGSV (only because I've played it and its awesome) but I really want one of you guys to take the hit on Max to let us know if it's worth it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ok, about 2 hours into Mad Max and fuck the haters it's fun so far and HOLY SHIT ALL THE SKYLINES ARE THE BEST LOOKING SKYLINES OF ALL TIME /Kanye

I know I'm barely into it so far but it's pretty fun so far, only thing I don't like is the button layout for on foot. Seems a bit wonky but once I got used to it it didn't bother me as much.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• nice, keep us updated. I have a feeling that's my next purchase
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Will do, I got a feeling once I start altering Max's gear I'm going to be hooked because it's RPG-ish without being overly RPG-ish. Also holy shit those skylines guys, first time you look through your binoculars.......that's what next gen should look like. Character models are a bit plain but I'll take that to get the terrain looking so good. Also, the character bio sheets have a bunch of info and some ties into the movie directly which is cool.

I almost picked up Destiny: TK but my 9 year old, Lucas, asked me to wait and upgrade his regular Destiny on the 360 and I'm a softy when it comes to shit like that.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, the one thing everyone seems to agree on is that the skylines and photo opportunities are amazing in Mad Max.

Comment

• They are, and I love the melee so far, already hit a 30+ combo which took FOREVER in Batmans for me. Not sure why but this feels more in my groove melee wise. Only weird thing in driving is trying to drive and aim the harpoon at the same time, maybe an auto aim assist or something would be nice.

Comment

• downloaded Destiny Taken King this morning. haven't played since launch. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  downloaded Destiny Taken King this morning. haven't played since launch. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.
                  You shoot things, a floating box (Apparently, now voiced by Nolan North) talks to you and then you're directed to read the stuff on a companion app. You still won't know what is going on.

If you mean gameplay wise, I can't help you, I haven't played in about a year.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Well you slightly beat me to the punch but picked up a Mad Max for as well. Was only $45 so almost a straight swap from my GTA that I sold for $40 so happy with that. Hope there is more to this than pretty views
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• I'm enjoying it, mostly because I'm slightly OCD and I MUST HAVE ALL THE SCRAPS EVER! Also it's just fun imho.

Comment

• So far it reminds me a LOT of Shadows of Mordor. Add cars to that and you've got Shadows of Max. From the combat (parries are less forgiving than Batman and also harder to leap from enemy to enemy), to the open world where different areas are controlled by different factions and you need to lower the 'threat' in an area to make attacking the bases easier, scouting out the areas to see what enemies you'll have to deal with, the enemies themselves (tell me Scabrous Scrotum and Stank Gum don't sound like unused orc names)

The biggest differences are obviously the cars, and the lack of the nemesis system. You die in Max and its game over please load an earlier checkpoint. Haven't gotten far enough to really do much with my car so currently it handles like a fucking nightmare out in the sand, but there is so much upgrading to do in this that I won't pass judgement yet.

I did eat maggots out of a dead guy's stomache to heal myself, which is right up there with the most fucked up things I've ever done in a game. So there's that.

Comment

• Use your side ram in the opposite direction of where you want to go to act as an e-brake of sorts to help with turns. Also I've had no issue with parries whatsoever, just don't hit the button to early or late and it works fine for me. The leaping isn't quite as good as Batman but he's Mad Max so it doesn't bother me. Nemesis in this might have been badass though.

One of the coolest things for me so far has been the storms and how great they are, AND the first time a base sets off those powdery looking bursts of orange and red and blue into the sky I almost stopped fighting to look at it as it was beyond gorgeously rendered.

The game has flaws for sure but it's just fun enough and gorgeous enough for me to deal with them to enjoy what IS good within the game.

PRO-TIP: Always kill the war crier ASAP.

Comment

• Oh yeah, not harping on it at all just giving my 2 cents for those on the fence. I still think the parrying is janky but otherwise no real combat issues. I like that the game really pushes how rare ammo would be in this situation, every time I find a sniper round its like hitting the lotto. And every time I accidentally waste a shotgun shell hitting the quickfire button by mistake I hate myself.

I think the car combat will really open up once I get the upgraded harpoon, finding it tough to deal with 3 or so cars at a time right now, car is too slow and clunky to make quick turns and get in position before the other cars turn around or flee. Most of the time I just get ruined and jump out and dodge until they fight me on foot, I'll try the 'ebrake', good tip!

Comment

• Yeah, hitting circle on accident SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKS.

One cool thing I noticed, a LARGE convoy rolled past me right after a small battle with two cars. I wanted to collect scrap so I was like NOOOOOOO......then they drove off. OR SO I THOUGHT, they circled back and flattened me like a pancake. With the only warning being the mini map and the sound of a large horn blaring. I didn't make it back to the Opus.

Comment

• Grabbed Destiny UBER LEGENDARY GOLD TAKEN EDITION or whatever this weekend. Holy fuck this game feels like a completly different game. When I played at launch I put in a few months of gameplay and got to level 21.

I rolled a new toon on Saturday afternoon. I'm at level 19 now. Awesome. Loot is better, leveling is better, shit makes way more sense in regards to xp, and NO FUCKING DINKLEBOT. What a fucking difference having North re-voice his parts makes. Like seriously. I now love my Ghost.

Digging it.

Comment

Working...
                                X