Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you're a savage. Run and gun in MGS game? BLASPHEMY. ALL ABOUT THOSE NON ALARMS SON.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Probably taking a half day to play the fuck (I mean watch the first 2 hours of cutscenes more than likely) out of the game today
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Spoiler: spoilers 
        oh you should have seen what happened to Jess in her playthrough. She had her lower jaw ripped off and was dropped down the elevator shaft on top of you. Then the entire elevator falls
          Spoiler:  
        oh wow, that jaw rip only happens if Jess really doesn't like you. Lesley doesn't like blondes, eh?

Comment

• I TRY to do stealth on MGS games and, man, it always goes bad. I just suck at those games.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            I always played run and gun and it went fine. What I really don't like is you HAVE to go stealth/tranq in order to build your base.
            I'll double check in game, but if you must run and gun, as long as you don't kill them, you should be able to fulton them. You shoot them a few times, not in the head, obviously, they go down but aren't dead. They'll be sent to the infirmary for a bit when they get to your base before you can assign them. At least that's how it worked in Peace Walker.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Probably taking a half day to play the fuck (I mean watch the first 2 hours of cutscenes more than likely) out of the game today
            Lol, it's only about 1 hour of cutscenes at the start, but it's fucking glorious. There's actually a good amount gameplay at the start, it sort of acts as a tutorial. Enjoy it because I did another 5-6 of the main missions after that, and another 5-6 side ops and I haven't seen any cutscenes like that opening so far.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            I TRY to do stealth on MGS games and, man, it always goes bad. I just suck at those games.
            This one controls a lot better than previous games so that may work in your favor. I play the hell out of this series and I can never perfect stealth the game my first time, it happens. Trick is to not panic, take out the immediate threats, then get out of sight after you're spotted. Or kill them all, you have the controls to do that well now.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I want to be excited about MGS:TPP, but having never played any of the other games except Ground Zeroes and MG Rising: Revengeance it's soooo hard to even understand the basic fucking plot required to enjoy it beyond being like a new splinter cell or something.

So Solid Snake was fighting Big Boss who was actually Naked Snake who became Big Boss after he took out regular Boss, but Solid Snake is actually Big Naked Snake Boss' clone and he has a twin named Liquid Snake and there's also some Solidus Snake brother too and Solid Snake gets super old after fighting Revolver Ocelot who is now Liquid Ocelot because he has Liquid Snakes arm and it possessed him or something and FUCKING KILL ME KOJIMA
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Don't forget about Otacon and his weird anime bullshit.

Comment

• Heh, that description was spot on, you do understand MGS!

If the reviews are true, there's not much story in this game anyway, it's mostly told through cassette tape recordings, apparently.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• That was culled from watching two different series recap videos (which confused the shit out of me) followed by reading through the series recap on wikipedia. And that's just like. Who is this person, I don't understand ANY of the actual gears stuff or what fox team and diamon team and whatever the hell are about, whos good who's bad depending on which entry, why the dude has a robot arm in TPP, any of the side characters like raiden and grey fox or whoever. Dont get any of it.

I guess of this one is story-lite I can just enjoy it on its own merits but still feel like this is the kind of series where you miss out on a lot of you aren't intimately familiar with the property
                      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Eurogamer gave it a recommended but it certainly sounds to have faults.
                        Yeah, bargain buy is different than it's complete shit imho. But bargain buy it is from what I've read.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Watching the Giant Bomb QL for Mad Max and you know what? It looks pretty damn fun. I got a 40% coupon from GMG so I might snag it today.

Comment

• I mean Max is like doing fucking German suplexes and drop kicks and shit. And the rocket upgrade on the car is called the Thunderpoon!

Comment

• I'm grabbing it still. Just not for like a month.

Comment

• Holding on MAD MAX for now. Too many games in my bucket to play. By the time I get around to playing it, it'll be $10.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X