Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, there's an option to upload to YouTube. I'll try it out later.

Comment

• Finished Shadow of Mordor. The game was awesome. Messing with the nemesis system was fun.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Unfortunately this video doesn't include the intro set-up, points, or my silhouette but you can get the idea. The one thing I don't like is how they gamified having to unlock things through the story mode. This is my second playthrough of "Night on Bald Mountain", where I unlock the third (green) remix. If you have more than one mix unlocked at the start of the song you can pick which parts you want to start with. I started with a mix of the original and WUBWUB. You can really do a lot of layering throughout each track.

Each mix has it's own playstyle, which changes from track to track. I tried to mix it up to show how each mix will have you do different movements. It should be pretty obvious to figure out the moves but the basics are- swipe (arrows), punch (solid circles), swipe/hold (arrow/empty circle), and trace (circle/track). There are also four different effect loops that you can use. Those are preselected depending on the track but the loop you make is up to you. I like the one activated by the pyramid the most.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pKl53YJrWXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, and I missed a few obvious cues near the start and you can hear how the music drops out if you don't hit the cue.

Comment

• oh shit.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It looks pretty but I'd have no clue what to press.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• They drill the moves into your head. There's a slow tutorial to start and then the first four levels are a forced reiteration of the tutorial. It's annoying but it works.

Oh, and a note about the unlocks- there is a party mode that unlocks everything but it doesn't apply to the story mode or achievements.

Edit: just watched that video all the way the through. I guess the replays edit out the loop creation so you don't see me noodling around trying to find the right sound. Huh.
              Last edited by gravedigger; 10-25-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• I played Haunting this morning. It was actually not terrible. I almost beat it.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You monster.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nice.

So I finished the story tonight. I really liked it. Anyone actually read The Silmarillion? Does this game follow it at all? Like, was Sauron really an elf at one point? Or an Ishtari like Gandalf and Saruman? Some of the flashbacks were a little confusing.

Comment

• Sunset Overdrive is getting awesome reviews. I got it downloaded on my Xbox One and waiting for tomorrow. Fuck yeah.

Comment

• Excited to pick up a box tomorrow for it. Hate that it's a digital fucking download in the bundle though. I WANT PHYSICAL DISCS GODDAMMIT.

Comment

• I think I am going to buy an external drive soon. I already needed to delete some stuff from my Xbone.

Comment

• oh shit, glad to know you can grab an external HDD for the xbone. Now not grabbing that ugly ass CoD box is making me feel better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                oh shit, glad to know you can grab an external HDD for the xbone. Now not grabbing that ugly ass CoD box is making me feel better.
                                Yup, I did some googling and found an awesome 1TB one that will run off the Xbone USB and won't need additional power. And apparently installing games makes it much faster on the external.

Comment

Working...
                                X