This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    I think I want to play Alien Isolation but just the one video I saw that Rob posted was nervous as hell. I don't think anybody needs MORE stress in their life.
    http://www.thepixeljunkies.com/post/...tion-this-is-a

Seriously. This game is STRESSFUL AS FUCK. It's not necessarily scary like Slender/Outlast, it's just NEVERENDING DREAD which is much more taxing.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Getting further in Alien. This happened last night right before bed.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• They weren't lying about the AI. That motherfucker is HUNTING me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Because you didn't check the room before you got under the bed I thought for sure you were going to get eaten. DREAD.

Comment

• I keep seeing everywhere that the game is retarded. Like, the Alien is magical and shit. You just keep dying.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• it's not magical. It's just not scripted. That's the difference. I die all the time. And each time the alien does different things. It's fucking impossible to tell if he'll kill you when you walk into a room, when you walk out of a room, in avent, out of the celing, etc..

It's hard as fuck, but it's growing on me. The fact that the "jump scares" are minimal helps. That explosion in the clip a few posts up was one of the few "jumps scares" that has happened in over 3-4 hours of play.

It's just the neverending dread that gets to you. Rent it once.

Comment

• Vita acquired. Updating software then gonna see how the remote play works. Still wish MS and Sony would make their apps stream to iOS and Android tablets.

Comment

• Remote play works the best imo if your PS4 is hardwired.

Comment

Remote play works the best imo if your PS4 is hardwired.
                    Yeah I have my PS4 hooked up to internet via my powerline adapter. My only issue is games that don't use a custom button config. NBA2K15 and Destiny use them but not Mordor? Makes Mordor almost impossible to play.

Comment

• In Shadow of Mordor, have you guys noticed that if you kill a Captain after he's decided to retreat that he doesn't fall off the Nemesis board and will come back to fight you again? I mean, he drops a rune every time but it's still weird.

Got an awesome Epic rune from a Warlord this morning that gives 100% damage to the sword when you're under 25% health.

Comment

• THIS FUCKING GAME.

Comment

• and yeah, unless you decapitate the captains, I guess they come back later all fucked up or something. I was reading an article on Joystiq about it. WB is being weird about explaining it.

Comment

It's just terror full time. WTF.

Comment

• pretty much. It's fucking gorgeous and the sound design is amazing.

Comment

• KILLED THE DRUNK. ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Comment

Working...
                                X