Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to try and score a 3DS around my birthday, but I won't have the $200 to spend on that until at least then.

Comment

• yeah I'm hooked. Brought my 3DS in to work today so I could play on my lunch break. I NEED TO LEVEL UP MY DARK MAGE LEAVE ME ALONE
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Spent 45 minutes on this fight in the demo before giving up. Glad it wasn't just me.

http://kotaku.com/5985395/metal-gear...-are-some-tips

Now that I know HOW to parry I look forward to giving it another go.

Comment

• wait, you got stuck on the boss fight in the demo or just the walkers?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I had trouble with the boss fight against Blade Wolf. I died once on the walkers but they were pretty easy to figure out- move the hell away if a leg starts glowing.

Comment

• for sure. Yeah, the parry system took me a bit to figure out. I thought this came out next week, no way I can afford it this week especially after buying Fire Emblem.

Comment

• I steal my kids 3ds' to watch netflix on the pooper. I AM THE MAN OF MY HOUSE
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Got my Fender Mustang Rock Band guitar today. I'm not learning names of chords yet but I've already learned more about technique in one hour than I did in all the time I put into this ridiculous VHS learn-to-play video, which I quickly gave up on, I had back in high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Also sounds like Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is great, but super short. 4-5 hours of gameplay and 4 hours and change of cutscenes. lolwutkojima I'll snag it on sale for sure.
                    Gameplay time thing: I had MGR going for a solid straight 8 hours yesterday, just listening to codecs and stabbin' dudes. When I turned it off for lunch and booted it back up again, my playclock was only at 2:30, which I know is bullshit.

So I'm guessing that the game only clocks you for actual time spent running and stabbing, and not codec conversations or cutscenes.

Speaking of codecs, they are 95% optional and manual so far (near the end of the game, I'm assuming) and they are beefy with incidental reactions, enemy descriptions, location info and science and cyborg shit and humor. Doktor's stuff is DENSE with the science-fiction stuff, all carbon nano-tubes and AI and shit. Dude can go on for minutes at a time, much to Raiden's audible annoyance. The Codec conversations are Metal Gear as fuck and, unless you manually go for them, you'll never hear them.

Anyway, this game was tailor-made for my inner-13 year-old.

MGR: "Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if *spoiler* happened and there were some wailing guitars?"
                    Inner 13 year-old: "HELL YEAH!" *high-five*
                    sigpic
                    360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Can't wait to grab this next paycheck. I just hope I can put down Fire Emblem for a few minutes to play it.

Comment

• Yeah, the game only clocks your actual in game play time. No pause time or cutscene time.

Comment

• Sounds like a bunch of horseshit. Horseshit I will buy a long time from now whilst on a bender.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So how do I download the DLC for Fire Emblem? I found the free map on the e-shop, then it launched Fire Emblem again, but I don't see any menu in game to download shit.

Comment

• go into the game itself, hit the x button to bring up the menu when you're on the map screen, select wireless. There should be an option there.

Comment

• You may need to play the tutorial and shit before you can do it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X