Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah FEAR 3 looks like massive disappointment since Monolith didn't develop it. Loved the first 2, so it's a shame.

Matt, no, no knowledge of the first Witcher is needed. Witcher 2 is its own story, and you'll learn plenty who Geralt is while playing the game. It's James Bond. He gets a villain and a story, then goes onto the next book/game. As for playing it, do you have a 360 controller for your PC? If so, then yes, buy Witcher 2 and love it. If you only have keyboard/mouse then pass. It's a shit show without a wired 360 controller. The action is VERY fast and fluid, more of a Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden than a Dragon Age.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      I'm kinda looking for something to follow up Dragon Age Origins/II with, and this looks to scratch the same kind of gameplay itch. Do I need to play the first game in order to 'get' the second one?
      Not really. Many things can be inferred from the first game, some are outright explained for the player to bring them up to speed, and then there's the various books and codexes lying about to offer their info up about past conflicts and whatnot.

The combat is actually very similar to DA2, just so long as you get the wired controller like Bill said.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-27-2011, 12:43 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't have a controller, just my keyboard and mouse. That worked just fine for me on DAO and DA2, though.

OK, thanks. I may pick it up.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I don't have a controller, just my keyboard and mouse. That worked just fine for me on DAO and DA2, though.

OK, thanks. I may pick it up.
          I'll disagree a bit with Russ on the combat being similar to DA2. DA2 was fast, but it was still recognizably Dragon Age. Ever tried playing Dirt or another twitchy racing game with keyboard/mouse? Make it about 10x more annoying, and that's Witcher 2. Steam should have a big ass "controller recommended" logo on it.

Comment

• Playing Green Lantern. It's not a great game, but it's fun. Lego style co-op for 2 players.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Better or worse than the Wolverine game?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                Better or worse than the Wolverine game?
                That game is so much better than it has any right to be.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                  Better or worse than the Wolverine game?

On par.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Well yeah. I dug the fuck outta it but realize it's a rental.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It also came with the dumbest 3D glasses too. Like I want that shit on my face while I'm playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        I'll disagree a bit with Russ on the combat being similar to DA2. DA2 was fast, but it was still recognizably Dragon Age. Ever tried playing Dirt or another twitchy racing game with keyboard/mouse? Make it about 10x more annoying, and that's Witcher 2. Steam should have a big ass "controller recommended" logo on it.
                        I found the pop-up Sign menu in mid-combat to be mighty DA of Whitey.

That and the much more fluid play as opposed to the "click to attack over hurr" they both had in their first outings.

But I am afraid of what the keyboard/mouse is like on Witcher 2. You might say I'm scared.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                          I found the pop-up Sign menu in mid-combat to be mighty DA of Whitey.

That and the much more fluid play as opposed to the "click to attack over hurr" they both had in their first outings.

But I am afraid of what the keyboard/mouse is like on Witcher 2. You might say I'm scared.
                          YOU SHOULD BE. YOU SHOULD BEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yeah, totally forgot about the Sign menu. That's certainly DA2 like, but I immediately think of the crazy amount of parrying/dodging compared to DA2's defense amounting to "run away" or "heal faster".

Comment

• LOL

Nobody needs defense in DA2.

It's like they modeled their gameplay on the Barcelona playbook.

(SICK BURN)
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• DA2 is really only fun if you play it in Hard or Nightmare mode. Hell, there are even mods to up those difficulties. Anything less than Hard is a bore.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Spent 12 am till 9 am farming for an item in Terraria. And I've been up since 8 am yesterday.

Also, TF2. Fuck, I play like a noob.
                                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                                X