Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer. What's the word so far on 'L.A. Noire'? Good reviews, I hope?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I don't think you'll see a peep about LA Noire online until next Tuesday, maybe one place will get the exclusive Monday review.

Comment

• OK, so I'm not going blind. That's kinda unsettling, though...I'm used to seeing tons of advanced reviews for games pre-release (RDR, DA2, etc...), so now I'm kinda curious as to the quality of the game.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It is pretty damn rare for any game, especially AAA titles, to get more than one early review out there. Read Dead certainly didn't have reviews hit until Noon the day before release. Brink comes out tomorrow, and not a single review is out there. Gamers HATE the exclusive one site/magazine review because it screams "paid off" and many times that's been fact. Publishers have been putting everyone to a single embargo date for a long time now.

Comment

• Did GameStop offer a 'chrome dildo as murder weapon' as a bonus for preordering?

Comment

• I actually think Gamestop is getting a whole additional case to solve, which is such bullshit. Amazon has their typical TAKE OUR MONEY thing, and is giving $15 in credit.

Comment

• Yeah, I pre-ordered through GameStop. Can't frickin' wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  It is pretty damn rare for any game, especially AAA titles, to get more than one early review out there. Read Dead certainly didn't have reviews hit until Noon the day before release. Brink comes out tomorrow, and not a single review is out there. Gamers HATE the exclusive one site/magazine review because it screams "paid off" and many times that's been fact. Publishers have been putting everyone to a single embargo date for a long time now.

Game companies are the fucking worst to deal with, I spent a year jumping through hoops with Konami and it was like fuck it. The big ones will toss out perks, but they also vet your site hard to see if you'll play ball. Biggest game I got to review early was Alan Wake, but you don't get bonus traffic pull due to ball crushing embargos.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Alex got his copy of Brink early, and when B_metal asked if he could give a thumbs up/down Alex said Bethesda would cut his head off. Seems the least they would actually do from the horror stories out there.

Comment

• Yeah I figured he wouldn't be able to say shit but I had to ask as I'm curious about Brink. L.A. Noire just seems right up my alley but I'd like to hear what others think about it too. Been burned to many times on games looking great and being shit.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I've bought games and been disappointed but the last time I was utterly burned was goddamn State of Emergency.

Comment

• State of Emergency. OMG SO BAD
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Odd... I rather enjoyed it.

*raises riot shield*

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I've bought games and been disappointed but the last time I was utterly burned was goddamn State of Emergency.
                              Man wat

That shit was the bomb.

If Dead Rising had that sort of shit as a mini-game or co-op, we could end all the wars.

Forever.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X