This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here for Portal.

And story is my prime motivator for such a game. Good to know about AC2. And after that, RDR is next!
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      First off it's the US network tv model, which is garbage, creatively-speaking. By cancelling shows 3-4 episodes in, or cancelling a season on the fly, or more importantly, stretching stories for years and years because it's a cashcow. Simpsons, anyone?

2nd, the F-105 were flying pieces of garbage. Lots of 1950's planes were. I'm not saying the US have shitty planes, the F-15-16 and 18 are top notch fighters, but at the time, it was a shitty movie by the US. Learn history, you'll learn very unpleasent things your government did do stay in power, like a lot of countries/empires/kingdom did all throughout history. It's mankind 101. And it ain't US only. All countries do it, to an extent determined by their geopolitical power.

I can list a lot of shitty things in Canada, really. Can you do the same for your country? It's just that compared to the US, Canada is a better country to live in, and it's the opinion shared by the entire country. And these guys. And I've lived a few months in the US (NY State), so I have some perspective. Is the US a shitty country? No. But you're really thin-skinned when it comes to criticism. It's not a routine, the US fucked with a lot of people's economy, politics and militaries over the decades. It's doesn't make it's citizens assholes (except the Tea Partiers).

EDIT: Now, terribly sorry for the derail, let's focus on gaming.
      If I were taking it serious I'd have to tell you a few months in New York is by no means a good barometer of the US as a whole no more than living in Saskatchewan for a few months an ideal way to experience all that is Canada. So really you've very little perspective other than what you've read or heard which is by no means a substitute for actual experience.

But whatever man. My only point is give that shit a rest or maybe start a thread titled USA: things about it I'd like to shit on.

EDIT: To stay on topic. RDR is phenomenal, you'll enjoy it.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

And I tried Brotherhood. It's cool, but I'll focus on AC2.
        Brotherhood doesn't show it's hand until about 8 hours in.

Comment

• A part of my family lives in California. I have perspective. And if you don't like a bit of criticism of your country, by all mean don't travel! And not just in Arab countries! But most Americans I've met were great, as are the ones I work with everyday. And those creepy ones on BDR!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Brotherhood doesn't show it's hand until about 8 hours in.
            I just may try it after, Billy.

Comment

A part of my family lives in California. I have perspective. And if you don't like a bit of criticism of your country, by all mean don't travel! And not just in Arab countries! But most Americans I've met were great, as are the ones I work with everyday. And those creepy ones on BDR!!!!
              If I travel it'll be to see places I want to see, not to engage in political discourse but thanks for the advice.

Get on RDR soon, great game. I need to finish it now that I'm thinking about it.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I just may try it after, Billy.
                Please do. It felt very "AC2 DLC" to me, until I started making my own assassin's guild.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  If I travel it'll be to see places I want to see, not to engage in political discourse but thanks for the advice.

In Costa Rica Western Canadians talked to me about separatism, and Americans about Obama/Clinton (that was in 2007). You're bound to hear stuff, and I hard some people bitching about Canada...or Quebec. Heh, it happens...

Get on RDR soon, great game. I need to finish it now that I'm thinking about it.
                  I want that game NOW.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Please do. It felt very "AC2 DLC" to me, until I started making my own assassin's guild.
                  It's a direct sequel, so I'll wait!

Comment

You dissappoint me Vin. You should know that we don't fight often, but when we do, it's a carnage for the other side. Especially when French-Canadians are involved. It's just that we do peacekeeping now... Our Air Force is small but one of the best*. And we developped the best plane in the world for the next 40 years. Until the Americans fucked us.

*My mother's uncle was a Marine CO and a former pilot (I have family in California). He told me a fairly good assessment of our forces (our Navy sucks, army is okay, but our pilots beats nearly anyone in nearly all NATO exercises) back in 2005. You would have loved that guy. From what I know of you, you 2 were quite akin. He wanted me to join, but my stature didn't fit a pilot's frame, and that ALL I wanted to do...
                    I know, brother... I was just messing with you. The Québécois are known world wide for basically being honey badgers in human form when it comes to fighting.

And hockey.

Comment

• But Quebecois are rarely beligerent. We tend to bitch a lot and do jackshit about it. Apprently we go Bruce Banner in war (the 2 times we went...).....go figure.

Comment

• I went ahead and grabbed Portal 2 through the BDR link.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Much obliged sir.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Another thing AC2 has over the Bonerhood: dat soundtrack. Definitely a high mark for Jesper Kyd.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Beat Batman: Arkham Asylum and got all the Riddler trophies and the Spirit of Arkham crap.

Now I want to play MK and Portal 2, but my empty bank account says "Nope!"

Tonight, it's off to the streets for me I guess.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Pissed off about Portal 2. Got the 360 version, didn't realize that the PS3 version came with a free copy for Steam. Would have gone that route had I known.

Comment

Working...
                                X