Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehh, really not sure what I think of Dragon Age 2. I'm surprised how different the revised combat makes the game feel.. seemed more like I was playing Devil May Age or something. Maybe the constant spawning of dozens of enemies, complete lack of exploration. I'm definitely more a fan of the slow and calculated combat in the orginal at this point. Feels too arcadey, barely RPG. Granted, half the features are locked in the demo, including inventory.

Not sure what else I want to buy so I guess I'll keep the preorder for it.. but excitement has cooled considerably. Maybe sword and shield warrior too boring now, will try rogue and mage..
    Last edited by Trejo; 02-22-2011, 07:50 PM.
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• I love you Bulletstorm. You had me at the disco shootout, I knew then you understood me, But once we laid Waggleton P Tallylicker to rest my heart was forever yours. May we spend many long nights together, you sexy bitch.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• YOU SCARED MAH DICK OFF

Comment

• Bullet(bone)storm is sex. GOOD sex, strike that, GREAT sex.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Mage with full abilities is OP. Blow up entire groups of guys in seconds. Also, Archer Rogue is freaking sweet as hell.

I stand (sort of) corrected. Enjoyed playing through demo with those classes. Sword and board warrior was by far the easiest playthrough, but also the blandest and least enjoyable combat-wise.
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Bulletstorm. Yes.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Bulletstorm. SKEEEET!!!.
                Agreed.

Comment

• Total War: Shogun 2 demo is out on Steam. Add that to my list of games I neeeeeed. Anyone download the Dragon Age 2 demo?

Killzone 3 is beautiful. It moves a LOT faster than KZ2 did, but being on a PS3 it's going to take me time to get used to the controller for a FPS again.

Comment

• I just want to go home and do some more dick killing.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Oh yeah, totally grabbed both GoW1/2 and the DLC for 5 bucks with Bulletstorm.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Anyone download the Dragon Age 2 demo?
                        Did the same as Trejo and got it yesterday while waiting for DICKTITStorm to show up.

Like he said, it does feel a bit more arcadey in terms of the hack-and-slash combat, but I sort of like this injection of life in the combat. It makes it more frantic and gives it all a sense of urgency sorely lacking in Origins. But then again, I'm a big fan of the hack-and-slash genre, so this colors my overall perception of this big overhaul made in DA2.

The micromanaging is still there, but the fact they've made everything more intuitive in the menus and in the gameplay it feels like less of a chore to map every little thing out.

I tried the warrior, rogue, and mage out and was pleased to find the mage is still an overpowered murder machine, the rogue can finally backstab with ease, and the warrior is actually fun to play (Two-handed only so far. Trejo's right about the shield-wielder being a bit of a chore.).

And Isabella: She's goin' in the tent.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-23-2011, 09:43 AM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Killzone 3 is beautiful. It moves a LOT faster than KZ2 did, but being on a PS3 it's going to take me time to get used to the controller for a FPS again.
                          I can't bring myself to buy this game yet. Bullshit that it only has split screen co-op and not online. I'm curious to know if you find that the mulitplayer controls feel as fast as the singleplayer for KZ3 or if it feels like KZ2.

So, now that I finished Mass Effect 2 a couple times, I tried the Dragon Age 2 demo and I had fun. Is the first game worth a play?

Also, playing Assassin's Creed 2 DLC and Brotherhood again.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Waggleton P. Tallylicker holyshitiloveyoubulletstorm

Comment

Waggleton P. Tallylicker holyshitiloveyoubulletstorm
                              We all want to gangbang bulletstorm. Like, fer realz

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Oh yeah, totally grabbed both GoW1/2 and the DLC for 5 bucks with Bulletstorm.
                                I will totally co-op achievement whore with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X