Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't check any HD stuff, just checked Meet the Robinsons, which looked a helluva lot better than before.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Meet the Robinson's is a real cute/underrated movie. I was whatever about it until I watched it with my boys. Real cool flick.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Replaying RPGs lately.

Now: Lost Odyssey.

Pretty original story with some decent voice work/action scenes. Like Highlander but not Scottish (as played by a Frenchman). Some great concepts and at times insanely perfect execution, but then it begins to lose the momentum, only to pick it back up.

But at times it verges into shitty anime territory (redundant dialogue from already annoying characters makes me glad there is a "scene skip" option).

All in all (so far), it's still pretty fun to burn through.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Wasn't a fan of that one mostly due to the lame anime bs. I'm still going through Mass Effect at the moment as a goody-twoshoes (which isn't nearly as fun as my first time through as a prick) but I still love the hell outta the game. Skate 2 later this week! Fuck yes!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, it does get overwhelmingly mired in the usual anime claptrap, but just as you start getting annoyed with it, it does something great.

And Jansen is the closest to an Ash Williams-clone as one could expect from the Japanese.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I've been dying to play some classic RPG goodness, and headed over to the Wii last night to see what I could do to cure my lack of Playing a Role in a Game. So after much debate (and a trip to IGN to see some scores), I bought Breath of Fire 2, which is just about exactly what I was looking for.

And before Nerdious gets all ballistic on me, I'll get Super Mario RPG sometime down the line.

Comment

• Super Mario RPG isn't that good. There I said it. I feel better.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I played it years ago on the Super NES. Me and my buddy rented it and beat it over a weekend. It was fun, but all I remember was fighting the Power Rangers.

Comment

• It was kinda neat when it first came out as it was Mario but RPG, but as an RPG it is way too fucking basic. And boring.

Comment

• That's what Breath of Fire is for the most part; just your basic run-of-the-mill RPG with random turn based battles, exp points, armor and weapons upgrades, etc. It's tedious, but I haven't played a classic RPG like that in years.

Comment

• Tedious = classic

Comment

• Walk five steps, BAM!, fight something. Five more steps, BAM!, fight something else. Just the way I like it.

Comment

• Yeah, you and CJ both.

Still going through Mass Effect. I fucking <3 that game. Even with its issues, this game is leaps and bounds better than Fallout 3 in the story department and the actual RPGnish.

Comment

• Still playing Skate 2 like a mothereffer.

Comment

• I havent had a chance to play since we last played
                                "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Working...
                                X