This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. This game is creepy.

And is laced with in-jokes and horror references.

I mean, you get to town on a small ferry that has Raimi's Oldsmobile in the back.

(The flare gun is the shit.)
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fruck yah!
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Fuck I have stuff to trade in (old 360 controller, GTAIV, both which will net me $5 at Gamestop) and I might just get RDR for PS3
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Alonzo Desparte es muy bueno.

Creepy as shit at night. My heart skipped a beat just when I was about to get an axe to the throat (that was brandished by a supernatural ninja assassin lumberjack that came out of nowhere).

And it turns out that the structure is more in line with a TV show than a horror novel (though along the war, you collect bits of a manuscript that's related to the plot). I swear, it's like a long episode of Poopin' Natural*.

*Supernatural
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-21-2010, 12:20 AM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• OMG. That's the best way to make me go get this game.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Okay, throw Supernatural, Dark City, and Silent Hill in a blender and you have Alan Wake.

I'll say it was one hell of a dark (literal moments where the Dark Presence shits ink clouds at such a frequency I couldn't see anything but the little beam being put out by the flashlight) and enjoyable (Barry's endgame accessory was awesome) game.

The song choices are great, with Roy Orbison, Nick Cave, and Bowie thrown in there at just the right moment.

A few Keanu moments toward the end there, capped off with a great ending.

Getting away from the praise, it is very much a one-and-done sort of affair (though it will put you through the wringer if you let it). I'd say unless it wraps you up after the first playthrough (must...collect...more...coffee...thermoseseses), this is the greatest fucking rental you'll make for a while.

Back to the western I go...
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-22-2010, 12:39 AM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• glad to hear that 'Alan Wake' is decent. I must admit, I find the premise of it interesting.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My gf grabbed Alan Wake for me yesterday. Spent about 2 hours with it. Must admit to being impressed. It seems like you've discovered all it can offer, but then it throws new weapons and interesting story telling at you every chapter to keep it fresh.

Comment

• Anyone get Galaxy 2? Looks really, really, really fun.

Comment

• Been trying to play BFBC2 all weekend. Everyday it keeps getting glitchier. Like unplayable. What the crap? Back to whatever that Mario game is I got from gamefly which was #3 on my list. Still not sure why I bother with that stupid thing. And the cat just farted so bad I have to leave the rooom.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• The OG Crackdown.

Them shits is still fun.

And bears don't appear out of fucking nowhere to eat me and my horse either!*

*Red Dead RedDildo can suck a fat one on that count
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Anyone get Galaxy 2? Looks really, really, really fun.
                          I did and it is fun, of course the kids get more play time on it than I do but yeah, I'd recommend to any mario junkie.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• anyone want to game today? Current games: Skate 3, SSFIV, RDR, SR2, Perfect Dark, etc....It's shitty out here today, so it's a GAMING DAY WOOT MOTHERFUCKERS. Once Lesley beats Alan Wake that is.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Gotta go take my bike up to the shop and eat with the fam, but after that I'm down for something.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Same. I have to run some errands but I imagine I'll be around later this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X