Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Well is pretty fun. Basic as hell, great art style, and fun platforming and exploration so far.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Deadpool. Having a blast with it so far. Still rocking Helldivers 2 as well. Trying to get Riff Trax custom shit working so I can stream via discord and yall can join in on stupid fun at some point.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Picked up a retro Metroidvania called Astalon on steam over the weekend. It has a satisfying loop akin to Rogue's Legacy in terms of using character death to incentivize motivation to keep playing on top of how it mixes in progression with getting bodied by either platforming foul ups or enemy opportunists--at death you're able to upgrade your cast of characters for the next playthrough. Only downside is once you pick up certain items, it is easy street. Overall worth the cashola if you want to scratch the retro revivalist itch
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fucking loved Rogue Legacy, that mechanic was super fun.

Comment

• That new Sushi game on Game Pass is addicting. Also finally grabbed Homelander, Peacemaker, Omni-Man, and Quan-Chi in MK 1. Peacemaker is fucking amazing to play as. Cena is fantastic. Omni-man's fatality regarding a subway is fucking NUTS. Fun stuff.

Comment

• Blockbuster Inc. JFC, I was expecting a more "The Movies" game, which I loved. Now should I have watched the trailers, read more about it, maybe watch a stream but nahhhh, sad weekend and it was 20 bucks.

I can't speak to how deep this goes and just exactly how far the small team keeps working on it, but this is 100% a movie for Jamie and everyone else who not only enjoy the idea of making movies but love the fucking politics, budgets, setting up "Hollywood", building your studio/lots/ from scratch, video editing, etc...

It's nuts. The tutorial alone takes like an hour and it's crazy how polished the game is considering the size of the team. Some bugs, but worth it I think. I'm only the 40s right now but I'm progressive by having a female director. She makes Headcheese Studios lose money at the moment, but her time will come.....in 60+ years.

Comment

• I'm terrible at Blockbuster Inc. It's fun, but still hard af. Been playing a bunch of Multiverse again as I'm one of the few people who had fun during the beta last year. Been playing a bit every night as I dig Jason Voorhees fucking up Velma. IT's strange as shit but still fun, and free.

Comment

• I won best screenplay and best actor awards last night at the first "oscars" or whatever in Blockbuster. Shit is haaarrrrd.

Chained Together is fucking a blast and I want to murder everyone I play with, but holy shit is it fun af.

Ceej bought me the Cowabunga collection on the Xbox last night and we beat the original TMNT arcade game and were having a conversation like we were 8 years old in an arcade. Nice nostalgia bit.

Comment

• Not much lately thanks to deep depression but when I'm out of the funk -

Robocop - Finally grabbed this and it's definitely jank but fuck if it isn't good jank. It feels like I'm Alex Murphy.

Riders Republic - grabbed this on the cheap and love it. Basically an extreme sports MMO and you can do anything anywhere. Want to race on a bike? Do it. Want to compete in a skateboard comp? Do it. Want to sail through the sky on a wingsuit? Do it. It's not SKATE but more like SSX meets SKATE with all of the controls. Takes a bit to find your sweet spot but when it clicked it clicked.

Comment

• I've picked up too fucking much and have no time to play. Have Signalis, Katana ZERO, Dredge, and Obra Dinn just sitting there--waiting.

Robert Cop is a lot of fun but it is a bit janky. Not sure if this happened to you or not, but on several different crime scenes the game spazzed and locked the game loop in a perpetual cycle of investigating an item or article without a new action or prompt. Very on brand for Teyon given how this also tended to happen in some questlines in their Terminator game as well.

For an experience though, it's excellent at capturing the aesthetics and tone of the film. The voice acting for perps is ridiculous, but hilarious.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dredge was a bunch of fun when it held my attention. Signalis was neat as was Zero. The Marvel Fortnite shit is pretty dope. Having Doom's gauntlets, WarMachine's jets and auto targeting, and Cap's Shield while mowing down 12 year olds is the best. Even when said 12 years old mow me instead. Still fun.

Broke out the good ole' 360 last night as we are packing and I wanted to play Rock Band 4. So I did and beside the new Behind the Music thing that Rivals brought (10 bucks, thought it would maybe bring over songs or something) it while my drums and shit still work, it didn't scratch that itch. So I found my old GH3 controller and played RB3 instead. Fuck yeah. So MANY good songs from actual bands I like. In Rb4 (I know I bought a bunch of songs at one point) it had like 125 songs with 2-3 I thought were okay.

So RB is dead for me atm (when Fortnite does it better, that's an issue) BUT thanks to my (this will come in handy at some point- feature) I also kept my DJ HERO controller and games and fuck yeah, those are still a goddamn blast if not hard. At one point I must have been a GOD at this as I have almost all of the stars across the entire game nevermind I could barely make through one song on medium last night. But it was still so fun. I also found my RB3 Keeeeytar and while I never was good at it during the game I did find out that the MIDI out works with my music equipment so now I can have Ceej making beats while I keytar away hooked up to any one of my external machines. Fun shit.

Comment

• Star Wars Outlaws. Fucking awesome. I have had no issues thus far except for thinking that stealth worked in this like in other Ubisoft games. Nope. Once I read an article about it, it made sense why I was stuck for a day. Once I found that out I beat the part both Lesley and I were stuck on and it's easy as fuck now. Totally going the Crimson Dawn route at the moment as FUCK THE PYKES. I really enjoy the story, the main character Kay is great, and the world is a bunch of fun. I highly recommend it even at full price. Shit, Lesley got super sucked into it and is even further than me. The flying is fun, the planet traversal is fun on the speeder, and I dig the RPG route with the skills. I'm totally going full Scoundrel at the moment. Smooth talking and hard hitting. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X